I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's 2012

Me - New Years, wow! I love New Years! I went to a New Year's party. I met a girl named Joanna who is six years old. I also met a teenage girl named Erica. I also met a girl named Alison. She lives further away than the other too. We played fashion show. I love watching the ball drop. I do it every year. It is so much fun. The party was so much fun. I liked it so much better than staying at home like I normally do. I only ever went to one other New Year's party. That wasn't so much fun because the only other kids were all older than me. This year I am looking forward to school ending because I don't like my teacher at all. I can't wait to go to American Girl again. My grandmother is getting me another American Girl doll for my birthday. I can't wait to go on vacation to the Poconos with my whole entire family for my grandparents 50th anniversary. When we go to the Poconos, I am going to walk form one side of the big rocks to the other. My grandpa said that its not hard but it is fun and tough. I am willing to take the challenge. Happy New Year!

Mom -   So here it is another year 2012. Usually on New Years we just stay-at-home and watch movies and take videos of the kids and stuff. However, this year we actually went to a New Year's party. It was nice, and we met some nice people. Reflecting on 2011, I can't say I am sorry to see it over. It did have it's good points like my daughter and I starting this blog, but mostly I am glad to see it gone. Already 2012 is showing much more promise of a being a good year than 2011 was. My stepson turned 18, and we soon will not have to send money to  his mother or have dealings with his mother anymore. I am getting a smartphone and before the end of the year I am getting a new laptop, and a kindle fire. We finally got rid of our cable TV and went back to satellite where we have an actually DVR and not a glorified VHS like we used to have. One that we can watch in any room. To me, the DVR is the most important part of the while thing. I am not interested in watching what is on. I am interested in watching what I want when I want. I am looking forward to going on vacation with the family next summer. It's been a long time since we went on vacation at all. Maybe, we'll even get down to visit my husband's father this year. My girls haven't seen their grandfather in a few years.  I am looking forward to continuing blogging and maybe even to starting another blog or two. I would like to start one on things to do in the NewYork/New Jersey and Pennsylvania area and another one about things to do to make money and/or earn things on-line. Even though I have learned a lot about the latter on various blogs, I know about a lot of different survey sites and stuff that I have never heard mentioned on other blogs. I have been thinking about starting these new blogs for quite a while. However, I have just been too busy to get to it. Therefore, I am going to try to manage my time better this year so I can get to everything I need to and want to do. I am not sure if I can really do that though because there are so many things that I need and want to do all the time that there just never seems to be enough hours in the day. I would also like to exercise more and eat less this year. Those are just a few of my New Year's resolutions. I always make a lot of New Year's resolution because I look at it as not only ways I want to change my life, but as a plan for the way I want to live my life. Something that I think it is good to reevaluate every year, and New Year's is the perfect opportunity to do that.

And that's our view. Tune in Friday for another topic.