I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Friday, January 13, 2012

Mother- Daughter Relationships

Me-  I'm closer with my mom then anyone else in my family. Since I was a baby we've always had a better relationship then me and my dad. When I was a baby when my dad yelled at me I ran to mom, when mom yelled at me I still ran to mom. In my house we call it best buddies  My sister is best buddies with my dad. I am best buddies with my mom. After all this blog is not called Says me says dad. Even though she sometimes yells, or gets mad at me we always work it out in the end. We always fight and I sometimes threaten to quit the blog and have Aurella take over. But we equally as much joke around. In fact when she isn't joking around I feel like reaching over to feel her head to make sure she's not not sick. We like to watch chick flicks together. We also talk about cute boys when we are watching shows and movies. Also when we are watching Dancing with the stars, and award shows we talk about the fashion. Whenever I have a problem I know I can talk about it with her. No matter what it's about. Even  if I have to write in invisible ink to keep other people from reading it.

Mom - When I was growing up, I was always closer to my dad. I got along okay with my mom. At least I wasn't always fighting with her all the time like my sister was especially when my sister was in high school and college. When I was in college, I got along well with my mother. After college, it was tough it was like everything was suddenly supposed to be a life lesson for me. We would be watching a movie or something and she would literally turn to me and says"You see?" or "Did you hear that?" like they were speaking directly to me and trying to tell me something about my life and what I should be doing with it. Thankfully, when I got married and had kids, she got over that. In fact, since I've gotten married and had kids, I've had the best relationship I've ever had with my mom. As for my own daughters, I have always had a special close relationship to each of them.. My younger daughter is a little bit more of a daddy's girl although she and I are close too. My older daughter has always been very much a mommy's girl. I have always had a lot of fun with my girls but now that Melia is getting older we have really good conversations too. I know that there will probably come a time when my daughters will be "too cool" to want to spend time with  and be close to their mom. I don't look forward to that. I can only hope that when and if that happens some day when they get married and have kids of their own we will become closer again like I became closer with my Mom after I married and had kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment