I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Friday, January 20, 2012

Glasses

Me - Glasses, wow! I have had glasses since I was 3 years old. I think I have my glasses for distance and close up because in school when my teacher uses the smartboard, and I don't have my glasses on, I can't see. Also, when I am in the cafeteria, and I don't have my glasses on, I can't see my food. For example, once when we were doing our work, and I had to copy something from the smartboard my paper ended up saying: "The President food dresser is chaired paint" and the smartboard said "The President of the United States is Barrack Obama." Also, once at lunch I didn't have my glasses. It was Friday. I was having a bagel with butter. When I leaned down to take a bite, I bit the tray. I think I used to like wearing glasses when  I was little. Now, I don't mind it but I don't like it as much. I hate the fact that I am always losing my glasses. My dad wears glasses all the time. My mom wears them when she is driving, watching TV or a movie or something. She has them for distance. My grandma and grandpa are always either wearing glasses or contact lenses. My other grandfather also wears glasses all the time. When my sister was little, she got jealous. We popped the lenses out of one of my old  pairs of glasses and let her wear them. When we were watching TV she would say "Wait for me! I've gotta go get my glasses!" Sometimes, when we were watching my dad would say "Melia, where are your glasses?" and he would tease my sister and say "Aurella wear are yours?" and she'd run off and get hers. Even though, I might not love glasses, I suppose it's better than not being able to see.

Mom - I have had glasses for distance since I was in the fifth grade. I have had them since I was in the fifth grade, but I actually started wearing them a lot when I went to college. I wore them at home and when I was at the movies or at a show or something since I was young. However, I never wore them in school. I easily could have done so because after fifth grade we moved and nobody knew me without having glasses so it wouldn't have made a difference. However, I still didn't wear them in school ever. I was this shy little thing and that was enough I didn't need to add glasses to the equation. When I was in college, I had to start wearing them in class because when I was far in the back of a big lecture class  not only could I not read any writing on the board, I could not even see if there was writing on the board at all without my glasses. I only use my glasses for distance. Close up, my vision is excellent. Sometimes, when I am going on the computer or doing a crossword puzzle or something while I am watching TV or something, I keep having to adjust my glasses because I see the TV better with my glasses but I see the computer or crossword puzzle or whatever is right in front of me better without. Eventually, just about everybody in our family needs glasses. My mother and father both wear glasses (or contacts). My husband wears glasses all the time. My older daughter has worn glasses since she was 3 although she hates them and is always misplacing or losing them. Only my younger daughter does not wear glasses so far. When she was little, she felt left out. She wanted to wear glasses too and be like mommy and daddy and her big sister. We took the lenses out of her older sister's old glasses and gave them to her and she was so happy and proud to have glasses too. Every time we wore our glasses, she wore hers too. Now, that she is older, she is over that. I kind of miss it because it is just another sign of my girls getting older and another reminder that we are never going to have babies or little kids in our house again. I kind of miss it.

And that's our view. Tune in Monday for another topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment