I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Friday, August 5, 2011

School

Me - School! Wow! I love school. My school is behind my house,and I walk there. It takes less than 1/2 a minute. Sometimes, my Dad takes me to the playground at my school when school is not in session. My favorite subjects in school are science, social studies, math, reading, writing, gym, art, music and library. So basically I like all my subjects. I love everything about school even homework. Of course, I am not in high school yet so maybe that will change. At the present time though. I can't wait for high school because I will get binders full of homework. When I was little and my brother still did his homework, when he was doing his homework I would take out a piece of paper and say I was doing my homework too. My favorite year ever so far was third grade because I loved my teacher so much. When my friend and I were leaving school the last day that year we were crying buckets. We had started crying a half hour to an hour before school even ended and we continued even after school ended, and we saw our parents.

Mom -I was never really crazy about school, but I didn't mind it. When I was young, I was good at all my subjects. When I was older, I was better at English and social studies than math and science. I loved English because I always loved to read and write which is what eventually lead me to start this blog with my daughter. I was always kind of quiet in school and never really in the popular crowd, but that was okay with me. My favorite year of school ever was first grade back when school was still really fun even though you were learning too. I'm glad to say that so far both my daughters seem to like school. Of course, my older one goes back and forth one day she loves it, the next day she hates it. When she was little, she loved school more than anyone I have ever known. In the morning and I would go into her room to wake her up, she would not want to get up. I would says "Okay, fine. If you don't want to go to school, I'm going back to sleep." No sooner would I get back to my room and lie under the covers, when my daughter would be in my room with her school clothes eager to get ready for school. I could never do that with my younger daughter or with my stepson, who lived with us until he was 15, they would have just gone back to sleep. My stepson hated school. He stopped doing his homework when he was in middle school. He didn't care if could get an A instead of a B or a C instead of a D or even if it was the difference between passing and failing. He just refused to do his homework. However, he still got passed from grade to grade. I don't think that was such a good thing. He learned from that that he doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to do. Now, he is almost 17. He dropped out of high school, got his GED and since than he has drifted around from one course of study to another never finishing any of them. I'm glad that so far my girls still like school Whether they like school or not, they always do their school work and homework. I make sure of that. They are motivated anyway because they have learned from their brother not to take his example and to do what is expected of them.

And that's our view. Tune in again for another topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment