I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, August 8, 2011

The Mall

Me- My family and I always used to go to the mall. We would go to places like Borders and FYE. We would always eat at the food court and afterwards go and get cookies at Mrs. Fields. Now it seems all that's left is a video store and a bunch of clothing stores. There is still a food court but even that has changed. There is no McDonalds. We don't really go to the mall anymore unless we need something specific like a pillow from Sears. I like to go to the mall though because I like the clothing there. I love Justice, Aeropostale, Children's Place, Crazy Eights and more. My grandmother takes me there sometimes. I can't wait to go there with her to get new fall clothes for school.

Mom - When I was a kid when we went clothing shopping, we always went to the mall. Later when I was a teenager, I was never one of those teenagers who always hung out at the mall, but I went there sometimes, and it was fun to hang out there. There were a lot of fun stores to browse. Even when I was married and had kids we liked to spend an occasional evening at the mall. Maybe it's just me, but the mall has gotten so boring lately. We haven't really shopped there for clothes in years. We usually go to stores like Target and Walmart where you can usually get better bargains and there is more of a selection of things than just clothes. At least around here, those type of stores are usually located in smaller strip malls. Still, we liked to go to the mall to have dinner at Friendly's or the food court and then browse. However all of the kinds of stores,we used to like to browse seem to be disappearing. There are no more book stores in our mall since Borders closed. There are no more music stores. There is still a video store, but who knows how long that will be there. There is really no place left that we like to go that we can just have fun looking around for a while and not really feel the need to buy anything, but just have fun browsing. I kind of miss it.

And that's our view. Tune in again for another topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment