I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, August 15, 2011

Collections

Me- I have had many collections. When I was little, I collected rocks from outside. I got rid of that collection a long time ago because now I think it's gross. Then, I collected pebbles for a while. I would get them from the museum and my Dad would find them. They were all pretty colors. Then, I gave them away. I badly want them back. I collect stickers. I take them off their wrappers and stick them in a journal. I am going to start collecting key chains because my Dad has gotten me some, but other than that I don't have any yet. My cousin collects key chains from other states. I haven't been to that many states, and I just want to collect key chains in general. My most prized collection is my eraser collection. I have a ton of them. I keep them in a little bag. Whenever, I see one I take it. My favorite one is a little gingerbread man. I use to wear it under my hat when I went through a phase where I wore my hat every day. I love collections and hope to start more of them.

Mom- Over the years, I have had numerous collections. Some of them I have kept. Others I have collected for a while and then got rid of. Some of my collections have gotten quite large. Others have barely had enough objects in them to be considered a collection. For instance, I once started a music box collection which at its height contained only about two or three music boxes. There was one really cool music box in it though which was a horse and cart which played the song "The Isle of Capri" and actually moved across the floor. However, probably my oldest collection if not my biggest is my collection of dolls from other countries. My grandmother started it for me when I was just a kid. She traveled a lot and everywhere she went she got me a doll. Later, other people, such as, my parents, my other grandparents, and friends added dolls to the collection. When I was older and traveled myself, I began to add dolls to the collection too. Although in recent years, I haven't added any new dolls, altogether I have about 100 dolls in my collection. My dolls have moved with me from my parents house, to my own apartment to my first home with my husband, to the home we now share with our daughters and where we have been living for the past almost 9 years. While I love my doll collection, they make me a little sad too. They make me really miss my grandmother. I can't believe she has been gone for over 20 years now. They also make me really miss traveling something I really haven't had the time and money to do since I got married and had kids. Maybe some day I'll be able to travel again at least I hope so.

And that's our view. Tune in again for another topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment