I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Friday, August 12, 2011

Bumps, Bruises and More

Me - When I was little, I had the chicken pox. I think that was my first time I was sick. Since than I have been sick a lot although luckily I have never had a major illness. Ever since then, I have been a have been a complete disaster. I am always bumping into walls, falling down, tripping over things, or something else. I am always twisting my ankle. Once I had a stiff neck that hurt so much I had to be taken out of gym for a week and could not play at recess. When I was a baby I was always very healthy. I didn't even get a lot of bumps and bruises. I wasn't even sick until I was 4. It is kind of strange because I was born in winter. I thought people born in winter get sick more when they are babies than people born in summer. When I was a baby I didn't get sick at all. A girl in my neighborhood was born in summer and got sick a lot. My sister who was also born in summer got sick more than me when she was a baby too. However, that was partly because she was always catching illnesses from me. Now, that I am older, I don't get sick as often but I am a mess and still very accident prone.


Mom - I have been lucky in my life and have always been relative healthy and injury free. I always have lots of bumps, and bruises and scratches, most of which I never remember where I got them from, but that's just minor. I once had a black eye. I got it because my sister accidentally bumped her head into my eye when we were playing in our basement. Another time, my brother and I were playing pet owner. I was at one end of a long string he was at the other. My Mom sent me in her room to get something. My brother pulled on the string, and I smacked into the bed. That was probably about the worst injury I have ever had because my tooth is still messed up from that and that was years ago. When we were little my sister was always getting hurt. She had a broken collar bone. Another time she had to get stitches in her head. My brother didn't get hurt as much as my sister, but he did once get a broken foot when he was kicked while playing soccer. When she was little, my older daughter was the healthiest person I know, she did not even ever get sick, but that has changed since she started school. When my stepson moved in with me when he was little, I was always catching illnesses that he brought home from school until I built up an immunity. Later when my girls started school, I didn't have that problem. My younger daughter had a cold, which she caught from her sister, when she was only two or three weeks old. When she was older, she had to get stitches in her head when she crashed into the book case running away from having her diaper change. However, the unhealthiest person in the family is my husband. When illness goes through the house, he always gets it the worst. He has had more surgeries just since I have known him than I have had in my whole life. The only time I ever had surgery was when my second daughter was born, and I had a c-section. I also had a cyst removed at the same time. Overall, though I have always been very lucky and healthy.

And, that's our view. Tune in again for another topic.