I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, July 4, 2011

Summer Time

Me - Summer time, wow! I like not having any school work to do. I also like sleeping late. I like to have have days when I can play all day. I like swimming. I think that this summer when I get back from sleepaway game, I want to back a bag and camp out in my house. I sometime go camping with my Dad and my sister, but not in the summer time. It is too hot in the summer. I don't like hot weather. We hang out in our basement a lot in the summer because it is cooler. When the cold in the basement feels nice, you know it's summer time. I always do summer reading. I really like reading anyway, but it is fun to win prizes too. I have won books, blendy pens, a little blow fish, a little water fun, a t-shirt, a pencil, a pen, baseball tickets, and even money from the bank. So as you can tell, I'm good at winning prizes. I get that from my mother. 

Mom- Summer time and the living is easy. At least that's what the song says. I actually do think  that things are a little bit easier in the summer time. I like not having to stick to a schedule as much as during the school year. Sometimes, I like having the kids around more and sometimes I don't. It depends how well they are getting along and how bored they are.  I don't like the heat. Some people say they are warm weather people. Some say they are cold weather people. I am neither . At least in the cold you can put on more layers of clothing, and in the heat you can go swimming. My family really enjoys swimming although we don't go all that much. We hardly ever go to the beach even though we live not far from the Jersey Shore (incidentally I have never met anybody who is anything like those awful people from that TV show when I have been there). These days it is so expensive to go to the beach at least around here. You have to pay for the parking and pay to get on the beach and pay for the food except any food you bring with you. If you bring your food and eat it on the beach the sand gets in it. I hate sand in general but I especially hate it in my food. My girls like to go to the beach because they like to collect shells. The other thing I remember most about summer from when I was a kid is going on summer vacations. We used to go on vacation every summer. My girls don't know what that is like because we cannot afford to go on vacation. They have only been to New York to visit their cousins (although we don't stay over there) and to Maryland to visit their grandfather except for once when my older daughter went to Texas with her Dad. Having the time and money to travel is the thing I miss most about my life  before I got married and had kids.

And that's our view. Tune in again for another topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment