I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Friday, July 8, 2011

Favorite Songs

Me - Favorite songs - Wow! My very favorite songs are "Take a Bow" by Rhianna and "Loser Like Me" a Glee original song. My other favorite songs are always changing. A lot of the songs I know, I know because I heard them on Glee. For instance, "Take a Bow" Lea Michele sang on Glee. I also like a lot of music from the Disney channel like Hannah Montana songs, Phineas and Ferb songs, and the theme songs from Wizards of Waverly Place, Good Luck Charlie, and Sonny with a Chance. I like the music from Disney movies like the High School Music movies, Camp Rock and Lemonade Mouth.  I also like Selena Gomez and Miley Cyrus music that does not come from their TV shows as well as Lady Gaga music. My favorite radio stations are the Broadway channel  and radio Disney on satellite radio and Z100 on regular radio.

Mom - I don't really have a favorite song. My favorite song is always changing. Lately, I have really been into "Firework", the Glee version sung by Lea Michele. Actually, over the past two years that Glee has been on, a lot of my favorite songs have been from Glee because I just  love the music from Glee and tend to listen to it  a lot. I like a lot of different  kinds of music though. I like pop music. These days I particularly like Bruno Mars and Katy Perry. I like show tunes including music from Billy Elliot, Rent and Mamma Mia among others. I like country music including Lee Ann Rimes, Martina McBride and Carrie Underwood among others. I like all different kinds of  rock from classic rock, to soft rock and even some hard rock including Chicago, Eric Clapton, Queen, the Beatles, Billy Joel, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Fleetwood Mac and Aerosmith among others. I like movie soundtracks like the music from The Committments, Forest Gump, or Fame (the original version). I like easy listening like Barry Manilow or the Carpenters among others. I like novelty songs like "Purple People Eater" and "I Want to Drive the Zamboni". I like music that my kids listen to or have listened to in the past like Laurie Berkner songs, Sandra Boynton songs, Madeline songs and songs from Disney channel shows and movies. In fact, if you name just about any genre of music there is probably at least one song I like and/or one artist and/or group that sings songs of that genre that I like.

And that's our view. Tune in again for another topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment