I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, July 18, 2011

Obsessions

Me - Obsessions, wow! I am always obsessed with Full House. I have mentioned it a lot in this blog. I love it more than anything in the world. My other obsessions change from time to time. Sometimes,  I am really obsessed with reading. I'll be walking on  the steps and pausing while I read. I read while I'm doing other things. I try to read two books a day. Reading is at the top of my hobby list, and I love it very much. I also like writing and at times I am so obsessed with it that I write a story almost every day. I am sometimes obsessed with playing my DS especially when I get a new game. I am also obsessed with collecting things, but I'll talk more about that at another time. 

Mom - Obsessions seems to run in my family. My younger daughter has been obsessed with Dora the Explorer since she was 2. She is so crazy about Dora and everything Dora that if they sold Dora toliet paper she would want to get it. My older daughter is obsessed with Full House,  a TV show that stopped having new episodes over ten years before she was even born. My husband used to be obsessed with home improvement shows but more recently has become obsessed with the History Channel. As for myself, I have been obsessed with various TV shows over the years. My current obsession is Glee. Although I am not as obsessed with it as I have been with other TV shows when I was younger. I literally use to countdown the minutes until the Hardy Boys went on. Now, I am obsessed with seeing every new episode of any primetime series I watch even if  I have to watch some of the episodes on-line. Luckily, I am not that obsessed with TV in general and I only watch about 10 different primetime shows. Lots of people I know watch many more shows than that. We also have other obsessions. My daughters and I are all obsessed with reading and we always want to get new books and read new books. My younger daughter likes to take about 20 or 30 books at a time out of the library. My Dad is always teasing her that she doesn't leave any books for the other kids. My older daughter goes through phases where she'll read a book or two a day.When I was younger I often read a book day. Now, that I have a husband and kids and so many other things that I want or need to do, I don't have enough time for that.  I do try to read a least a book a week and sometimes I read two books a week and/or even two at the same time. I also read the newspaper every day and can never get rid of a paper if I have not looked through it even if I am several days behind in reading the paper. I also liked to do the puzzles in the paper and cannot throw them out either so I almost always have a whole stack of newspaper puzzles that I haven't had a chance to get to yet. I'm sure I have many more obsessions as do the other members of my family but that is enough for now and it's all I can think of for now. Maybe, I'll get into some more of them at another time.

And that's our view. Tune in again for another topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment