I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, July 25, 2011

Little Sisters

Me - Little Sisters! Wow! I have a little sister as you all know unless you just started reading this blog with this post. Anyway, I have a little sister and her name is Aurella. Me and my little sister fight a lot. Me and my brother fight A LOT more!! My sister is always copying me, and I hate it! I get so annoyed, and I go crazy! I am always getting jealous of her and thinking that my parents have more love for her than for me. She's annoying, crazy and hyper. She attacks me just because I said at the moment I can't play with her. She is much better at math than me. When I was learning multiplication, she got the 1s and 0s, before I even got them. Me and my sister get along really well when we play doll house together, but she is always taking my stuff without permission. Me and my sister love to climb on stuff. We are both very ticklish. I tickle her, and she laughs like a lunatic. We make up dance routines and skits together. Now, that she is learning to read we make up plays. We are also very CURIOUS. My Mom thinks we'll be the kind of sisters that call each other over everything including things like "I got a mosquito bite on my arm pit" or "I got a new freckle on my belly." She may drive me crazy sometimes, but I'll love my little sister until the world ends.

Mom - Like my daughter, Melia, I also have one younger sister. My sister and I are not as close in age as my daughters are. I was already 6 when my sister was born, and I was very happy to have a little sister. While Melia was happy to have a little sister too, sometime she couldn't help as much as she wanted to because she was only 3 when her sister was born. Despite the age difference between me and my sister, we were actually very close when we were young. People always used to tell me "When you get older, you'll appreciate having a sister." However, I found that the opposite it true. I mean it's not that I don't appreciate having a sister, but we were really a lot closer when we were younger. I mean don't get me wrong, I love my sister, and we get along. We are just not especially close. We don't have one of those relationships where we talk all the time or when something happens we can't wait to call each other or anything like that. We are not best friends or even really good friends, and we certainly never call each other just to say hello or anything like that. On the other hand, we are family and we love each other, and I know that she would be there if I ever needed her and vice versa. My daughters have a love/hate relationship, but over all, they love each other and are really close. I definitely think they are each other's best friends. I hope they always stay that close.

And that's our view. Tune in again for another topic.