I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Friday, July 22, 2011

Exercise

Me - I exercise all the time. Being flexible really helps. Even so, I really don't need to because I am really skinny. When my mom hugs me she says I'm only bones and she feels nothing. I even treadmill. Me and my mom and my sister try to have a time called exercise time every day. Sometimes, we have it it inside. My Mom and sister play games like Animal Movement Charades and Can You Hop Like Kangaroo, which is a game where you try to walk like different animals. My Mom tries to get my sister to play it because she is only 5, but she likes to eat a lot. Sometimes, we have it outside. My Mom sits on a bench reading which isn't very good exercise except for your eyes. My sister and I run around like lunatics. She runs in circles and plays with her invisible friends. I eat a snack and climb the tree. My sister has a good imagination which comes in handy a lot. I don't have as good of an imagination as I did when I was younger. But anyway, back to the topic, I think that exercise is fun.

Mom - When I was a little kid, I never had to worry about getting enough exercise because we were always running around and playing outside and riding bikes and stuff. I never really played sports or anything like that though. I was never much of an athlete, I was much more of a spectator. When I was in high school, I didn't get much exercise at all because I never even participated in gym. When I was in college, I got exercise from walking around campus, but apparently that wasn't really enough. In my senior year of college, we went to visit my brother at his college. We were running late and had to go running from one end of the airport to the other. After that, I literally thought I was going to die, and I realized how out of shape I was. That was when I started exercising regular. I kept it up until I was pregnant with my first daughter. Then, my husband wouldn't let me exercise until I got the okay from the doctor, but by then I hadn't been exercising for a while so I just didn't for the rest of the pregnancy. The second time I was pregnant, I just kept exercising right through the pregnancy, and I felt really good. When my husband was out of work for a long time instead of exercising when my younger daughter was in school like I used to, I hung around with my husband. Then, gradually, I was just so busy doing other things I could never get back into the habit of exercising frequently. I only did it once in a while when I really forced myself. What I really need to do now is to force myself to get back into the routine of doing it all the time. I really felt a whole lot better when I was exercising regularly, and I really need to get back to that.

And that's our view. Tune in again for another topic.