I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, November 12, 2012

Halloween 2012 Better Late Than Never

Me - Halloween 2012, wow! This year for Halloween me and my sister were both Dorothy. This was the first year in history Halloween was postponed in my town. In fact, even when my mother and father were children, Halloween was never postponed where they lived. This year it seemed like everybody was trick-or-treating at the mall. It was more packed than I have ever seen it before even around Christmas time. I saw two people I know from school. I also saw one teacher who works at my school. A lot of the stores ran out of candy quickly. Some didn't even have candy at all. We didn't get as much candy as we usually get when we go trick-or-treating around the neighborhood. We only went around the upper level of the mall before we ate dinner and went home. It was just too crowded and we were too hungry. My sister and I sold most of our candy anyway to be donated to the troops. We usually do that. Although, Halloween still managed to be fun, I like it better when we get to trick-or-treat around the neighborhood.

Mom  - For the first time, I ever remember there was no trick-or-treating on Halloween in my town. There was no wandering around the neighborhood with my kids collecting candy from all the neighbors. There was no endless answering of the doorbell to hand out treats to the other kids in the neighborhood. There was no school Halloween costume parade. There was only cold and and dark and no electricity. However, we couldn't just let Halloween pass without doing anything as if it had never happened. The kids would be disappointed. Besides, we had already bought the costumes. Our local mall held a trick-or-treating event on Monday November 5. All (well not all, but most) of the stores gave out candy. We took our kids. They got a lot of candy although perhaps not as much as usual. It wasn't as tiring as it usually is taking them all over the neighborhood although it was still tiring.  Also, it was very crowded. I have never seen the mall so crowded outside of holiday shopping time. In fact, it was like Black Friday for the kiddie crowd. I was really happy when it was over, and it was time to go home. However, I was glad we went to not only because of my kids but because it was a sign of the world returning to normal after the storm. Sometimes, things just being normal is good.

And that's our view. What was your Halloween like this year?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.