I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, April 20, 2020

Let's Talk About Pasta


Me - I like pasta. There are so many different kinds. I like spaghetti.I like spaghetti with meatballs too, but we usually have it without.  I also like shells. We eat the little shells with sauce. I also liked when my grandmother used to make stuffed shells. She doesn't really make it anymore though. I love macaroni and cheese. I like lasagna. My grandma also makes good lasagna. She hasn't made that in a while either.  I liked a lot of kinds of pasta. I don't really have a favorite kind. There are just so many good ones. I like alfredo sauce and parmesan cheese with my pasta. I like marinara sauce a little bit but not as much. I like to eat pasta with garlic bread and garlic cheeese bread is even better. I like to eat pasta at home and in restaurants. More simple things like plain spaghetti or spaghetti with meat sauce we eat at home. More complicated things like lasagna or chicken parmesan with pasta we usually eat at restaurants or some of them we used to eat at Grandma's. We eat pasta quite a lot because we always have a lot of pasta because there are so many different kinds. When we eat it especially a lot I get sick of it. However, even when I am sick of it when I am actually eating it, it always tastes good. I really like pasta.



Mom - Pasta is such an easy food. It is easy to make, and we always seems to have so much of it in the house. Of course, not all pasta is simple, but we usually only have the more simple ones at home and go out for the more complicated things. I love lasagna either lasagna with just cheese or lasagna with meat. I don't like vegetable lasagna. I love spaghetti with or without meatballs. I like baked ziti. Basically, if it's really cheesy and it doesn't have vegetables in it, I probably love it. I also like fettucine alfredo which doesn't really have cheese in it but is really good anyway. It is a little too rich though. I can only eat a little bit of it at time without getting full. I love alfredo sauce. It is so creamy. I also like marinara sauce. I don't really like pesto sauce though. I like to order pasta dishes in restaurants. There used to be this pasta dish I always used to have at Ruby Tuesdays. I forget the name of it. It had pasta and chicken and cheese a little bit of marinara sauce. It was the perfect portion just filling enough without being too filling. I don't think they have it anymore. I hate when restaurants get rid of my favorite dishes. My favorite dishes are often pastas. I love pasta.


And that's our view. What is your favorite pasta dish?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

photo credits
photo credit 1: mhaithaca Spaghetti & Meatballs via photopin (license)
photo credit 2:photo credit: verchmarco Served Lasagna on the black square plate (Flip 2019) via photopin (license)
photo credit 3: wuestenigel Pasta with minced chicken in a frying pan on a wooden background via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment