I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, September 30, 2019

Monthly Mashup for September, 2019 Apples and The Fall


Me - My topic for this month is apples. Apples are a big part of the Jewish holiday of Rosh Hashannah. On Rosh Hashannah, most people eat apples with honey. I don't like honey. I don't eat anything on my apples although I would like to try a caramel apple. I like my apples sliced. For some reason, I can't eat an apple when it's not sliced. When I eat an apple that is not sliced, I can only eat a bite or two without getting full. When I eat sliced apples, I can eat the whole thing. Sour apples are my favorite. I like sweet apples too, but not as much. I don't like bitter apples. The apples my grandmother gets are tasteless. I don't really like them. I also don't really like the skin of apples. I just like the inside part. I don't like how sticky the inside part gets when you eat the apple though so I do like having the skin part to hold on to.  I love apple juice, and apple sauce. I don't like apple pie but I love the smell of it. The Brooks Atkinson Theater in New York City smells like apple pie because Waitress is playing there, and they bake pies right in the building. I wish they could keep the smell even after the show closes.



Mom - My topic for this month is the fall. There is so much to love and so much to hate about the fall. I don't like when the summer ends. I do like when the weather gets cooler. I don't like when the kids go back to school because the summer is more relaxing, and we do a lot of fun things as a family in the summer. Yet, I do like when they go back to school because sometimes I get more done in the day when the kids are at school but only sometimes. I like when the leaves turn colors, but I don't like when the days get shorter. I don't like pumpkin pie or any of the traditional seasonal foods, but I do like that it is apple season. I love that all the theaters are starting their new seasons. I don't like that another year is coming to an end soon. They all go by so fast. Most of all, I don't like the fall because most of the worst things in my life have all happened in the fall particularly in September or October and particularly in recent years. This September has been one of those really bad times. I don't really want to get in to details, but I will just say that we are still dealing with the aftermath of the bad times we have had this month. I will be glad when this month and everything about it is long past.

And that's our view. What's on your mind?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

Photo credits:
photo credit 1: Damien Walmsley 20180930_Garden Apples via photopin (license)
photo credit 2: Stanley Zimny (Thank You for 44 Million views) N.H. Colors via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment