I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Saturday, June 2, 2018

Saturday Special - The Donny Nova Band Concert


What: The Donny Nova Band

Where: Birdland Jazz Club
             315 W. 44th St.
            New York, NY

Who: All ages

When: This event occured on May 28, 2018


Me - The Donny Nova Band is a band made up of the cast members from the Broadway show, Bandstand. The show is not on anymore but the cast still performs together. I was devestated when the show ended. I was so excited when I heard about the concert. I wanted to go really badly, and I almost didn't get to. The concert was so much fun! They sang some songs from the show and other songs too. I don't have a favorite song that they sang in the concert, but I loved all the songs from the show. They also sang some songs that were cut from the show. I really liked one of them. We had really good seats. We were kind of on the side but we were in the front row. When we saw the show, Bandstand, we were more centered, but we were all the way in the  back of the mezzanine. After the concert, we got to meet Corey Cott and Laura Osnes and take pictures with them. The Donny Nova band is my favorite band! Their concert was my favorite one I have ever been to! I hope get to see them again.I wouldn't even care if it was the exact same show or where I was sitting I would still want to go again!


Mom - There have been many shows in which the band is made up of members of the cast, School of Rock, The Band's Visit and some versions of Cabaret to to name just a few. However, that doesn't make them a real band. When the show is over, the cast members go their separate ways and that is the end of the band. However, that is not true when it comes to the cast members that made up the band in the musical, Bandstand. They so enjoyed playing together that even though the show closed on Broadway over eight months ago, they still continue to play gigs together under the name of the band in the show, The Donny Nova Band. We were lucky enough to attend one of their performances at Birdland Jazz Club in New York City. The show was just delightful from start to finish. The band members are so talented and their love for their music, each other, and their audience was evident throughout the show. The set list included a large number of songs from Bandstand, even a couple that were cut during the shows pre Broadway run at the Papermill Playhouse, as well as a few other songs. Ever member of the band had his or her moment to shine in the spotlight. After the show, we had the opportunity to speak to some of the band members, and they were all so humble and kind and thanked us numerous times for coming to  the show. All in all, it was an incredible experience, and if I ever had an opportunity to see the Donny Nova Band perform again I would jump at the chance.


For more about the Donny Nova Band, visit https://www.facebook.com/thedonnynovaband. For more about Birdland Jazz and to find out about other upcoming performances being held at the club, visit https://www.facebook.com/BirdlandJazzClub.

And that's our view. Tune in tomorrow for this week's Sunday Scoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment