I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, December 25, 2017

Monthly Mash-up for December, 2017 The Winter Holidays and A Writer's Christmas: Dickens & More




Me - My topic for this month is the winter holidays. I love the holidays. They're so much fun! I love celebrating the holidays. I love holiday music. I love holiday movies. I love holiday shows. I love everything about the holidays. There's so much about the holidays that is so much fun. I like when it snows around the holidays so I can go sledding. However, if I can't go sledding, I hate when it snows. Some holiday decorations are nice and look really pretty. Other people just go way overboard.   If there are too many decorations at one house, it doesn't even look pretty anymore. It is just way too over the top. I like holiday store decorations especially the big department stores in New York. I love getting gifts and giving gifts too. I love seeing people's reactions to the gifts they get. I only buy gifts for my mom and my dad and my sister. My dad is hard to shop for. You never know what he wants. My mom and my sister like a lot of things especially my sister. She has a billion wishlists. I pretty much do all of my shopping on Amazon. Amazon has everything. I love Amazon! Amazon makes holiday shopping so much easier.




**

 
Mom - My topic for this month is  a Writer's Christmas: Dickens & More. A Writer's Christmas is a small display currently on view at the New York Public Library Schwartzman Building located at 495 Fifth Avenue. The exhibit consists of articles associated with various writer's and related to Christmas. Among the objects you will find here are ceramic figures of Charles Dickens and Tiny Tim, a page of illustrations by Maurice Sendak, and a letter from Jack Kerouac to Stella Sampas. The exhibit is not very big. It consists of only one display case. It is not necessarily worth a special trip to the library just to see it. However, if you find yourself in the vicinity of the library, and you have a little bit of time to kill and/or if you are particularly interested in historical objects especially objects related to famous writers and/or the holidays you may enjoy a visit to this exhibit.
 

And that's our view. What's on your mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment