I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, August 7, 2017

More Theater Monday - Princess and Pirate Tea Party at the Music Man Singing Ice Cream Shoppe


Me - The Music Man Singing Ice Cream Shoppe, wow! A few summers ago we went to the Music Man Singing Ice Cream Shoppe. We had been there before and seen A Gleeful Musical. The second time we saw a Princess and Pirate Tea Party. My Mom thought it was stupid. My sister, my friend and I enjoyed it. We thought it was a lot of fun and very funny. My favorite part was the end. The announcer guy said the show was over, The girls who were the princesses said they had something for him, and they started singing Hit the Road Jack. During the song, he was putting glasses on and making funny faces and singing in a funny voice. I also enjoyed the Glee show that we last saw previously except I didn't like when a lady stood on my chair and touched my arm. All in all, the The Music Man Singing Ice Cream Shoppe is a lot of fun, and I can't wait to go back.*

* The guest post by older sister, Melia.

Mom - We went to The Music Man Singing Ice Cream Shoppe in Lavellette, New Jersey a couple times. The last time we went to a children's show. Before that, we went to a spoof of the show Glee back when Glee was still on and still popular. I enjoyed the Glee show much better than the children's show. The children's show didn't really have a plot. It was a pirate and princess show, but there were only 3 of the Disney princesses and only 1 pirate. The characters each sang one song, and the song wasn't even related to their story. There was a story to the Glee show and all the songs fit into it. Also, at the kids show, they only had chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry ice cream. At the Glee show, you could order a sundae, a shake or whatever you wanted. At the children's show all they had to drink was apple juice and iced tea neither of which goes that well with ice cream. At the Glee show, the audience was more a part of the show because they made people sing for their ice cream. At the children's show they didn't. Normally, I don't mind children's shows. I loved going to all those Disney movies and shows with my kids, and I miss it now that my children are older. However, when it comes to The Music Man Singing Ice Cream Shoppe, I prefer their shows that are not specifically for children. I hope to go there again and see one of their newer shows like Broadway Cabaret and A Greaseful Musical.

The Music Man Singing Ice Cream Shoppe is located at 2305 Grand Central Avenue, Lavallatte, New Jersey.

And that's our view. What things do you or would you enjoy doing with your kids and what things wouldn't you or don't you enjoy doing with your kids?

Photo credit: SeRVe Photography Sundae with a Cherry on Top via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment