I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, February 27, 2017

Monthly Mash-up for February, 2017 - Reading and the Death of Nashville the TV Series

Me - My topic for this month is reading. I really enjoy reading. When I was little, I didn't used to like reading a lot, but now I do. You can find a book about basically anything. For example, if you like cats you find a book about that. If you like dinosaurs, cars, flowers or anything else , you can find a book about those things too. I like to read books about animals because I love animals. I like books that  are about families. I like books that are funny. I don't like books that are scary. I don't like books about cars or stuff like that. I don't like sports books. I like to read in my bed because I can get really comfy. When I am comfy, I get happy and  can get really into my book. When I am reading in school at my desk, I can't get comfortable so it is harder to focus. In school, we have DEAR time, that stands for Drop Everything And Read. When we were younger, we had that a lot more DEAR time than we do. Now, we do so much other reading in school anyway, and our days are too busy to spend so much time reading for fun in school. Right now, I'm reading the book Bailey's Story from the A Dog's Purpose series. Reading is really fun!

Mom - My topic for this month is the death of Nashville the TV series. Last week when the character of Rayna on Nashville died in my mind that didn't just kill the character, it killed the show. Rayna was the moral center of the show. She was the heart and soul of it. Almost everything that happened in the show somehow related back to her. She and Deacon were the central couple as well. Whether they were together or not, they were always a couple at heart. No other couple has the history of Rayna and Deacon and has been paired in the hearts and mind of viewers as long. I don't know why CMT picked up the show just to break the viewers hearts now.  It should have ended with the final episode on ABC. That was a beautiful romantic happy episode. Rayna and Deacon and their girls were together and happy, and their daughter, Maddy was actually happy and not being bratty for a change. Now, Rayna's gone and Maddy's back to being bratty. Gunnar and Scarlet had kissed and were heading for a reunion again. Now, they're back to being annoying especially Scarlet. Only Juliet and Avery's story was not nicely wrapped up. If they had too they could have wrapped that up with a TV movie and left the rest of the characters alone.  I feel like maybe Connie Britton was ready to move on especially now that she wasn't a producer of the show anymore. Well, if that is the case, the show should have just ended too. At least then it would have had a nice ending. Now, that is not possible. If the show cannot end with Rayna and Deacon together, it can never have the ending it should have. I have never been so disappointed with a show since they ruined Glee by breaking up Rachel and Finn. At least with Glee, Ryan Murphy had every intention of setting things right and putting Rachel and Finn back together to end the show.  The fact that he was unable to do that though was no fault of his own. It was because of an actual real life event, the death of Cory Montheith.  There is no excuse, however, for what CMT did with Nashville raising fans hopes by bringing the show back just to dash them again by killing off the character of Rayna. I. for one would think very carefully before I fought to bring a show back from brink of cancellation again. Just because another network brings a show back, it doesn't mean it's going to be the same show or even as good a show as you remember.

And that's our view. What's on your mind?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.