Friday, August 12, 2016
Funtivity Friday - Art Projects: Olympic Medals
Here is a fun art project in which you can make gold, silver and bronze Olympic medals.
What You Will Need:
Yarn or string
To Make a Gold Medal:
1) Fold a piece of tin foil in half.
2) Cut out a large circle from both halves of the tin foil at the same time.
3) Cut out a large circle from the heavy paper.
4) Glue one of the tin foil circles to each side of the heavy paper circle.
5) Trim any excess so you don't see any of the heavy paper under the tin foil.
6) Carefully color the tin foil on each side with yellow marker so that you don't rip the tin foil.
7) Make a hole in the tin foil circle with a hole punch.
8) Cut a piece of string. Make sure it is large enough to put around your neck or the neck of the person who is going to wear the medal.
9) Put the string through the hole in the tin foil.
10) Put a knot in the end of the string.
To make a silver medal:
Same as above but don't color the tin foil.
To make a bronze medal:
Same as above but color in the tin foil with brown marker.
Tune in Sunday for this week's Sunday Scoop.