I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Tips for Tuesday - Misc.: PInk and Schoolhouse Rock

 
Me - Today I am recommending Pink, the singer not the color. She's got some really good songs. I really love Just Give Me A ReasonSo What, Perfect and Raise Your Glass. All of her songs are so completely different, you would never know the same person sings them.  She has so many different singing styles. I like that about her.
Mom- Today I am recommending Schoolhouse Rock. When I was young, Schoolhouse Rock was a collection of cute little songs that were on between TV shows. They taught us things about English grammar, multiplication, social studies and science. It was a fun way to learn and even now years later so many of the songs  are still stuck in my head from my childhood. Nowadays, you can get  the whole collection on DVD. We have it, and my girls love it as much as I did. It is especially great for kids learning their times tables. There is also a newer Schoolhouse Rock DVD about the Earth and conservation and recycling and related topics. However, that one isn't as good as the originals.

No comments:

Post a Comment