I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, August 11, 2014

Boating

 Me- Boating, wow! I have been on lots of boats. I have been on a paddle boat. I have been on a motor boat. I have been on kayak. I have been on a canoe. I have been on a cruise around New York. My favorite kind of boat that I actually steer by myself or with another person is a kayak. That is really fun. When I was little and I went on a canoe with my brother and another boy, it was rocking. My brother said there was too much weight so that  I should jump out. I didn't. I really liked cruising around New York. The motor boat was really fun too because I got to go with my adorable little cousin. I would like to go on a sailboat. I would like to go on an overnight cruise. I would like to go on a Disney cruise. I would like to go to the Statute of Liberty and not just go by it this time, but actually stop and visit. I would like to go on a Circle Line Cruise. Boating is a really fun activity, and I would like to do more of it.
Mom - I have been on many different boats in my life. I have been on a motorboat. I have been on a canoe. I am sure my father remembers that well. I knocked off his sunglasses with an oar into the Raritan River when went canoeing.  I have been on a ferry several times including once or twice to visit the Statue of Liberty. I went on a cruise to the Greek Islands with my grandmother when I was 13. We didn't go to all the Greek Islands but we went to a bunch of them including Rhodes, Crete, and Mykonos.  I have also been on several cruises around New York Harbor. Those, of course, only last an hour or two. I would like to go on an Alaskan cruise someday. Sometimes, when I first get on the boat, the rocking of the boat bothers me. However, once we set out to sea, I feel fine. As a matter of fact, the faster the boat goes, the better I feel. When we went on our Greek cruise, the last day of the cruise the seas were really rough and the boat was rocking a lot. It gave me a really bad headache. That was the worst day I ever spent on a boat.  Boating is okay, but in general I prefer to stay on dry land.
And that's our view. What is your favorite kind of boat?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday. photo credit

photo credits
photo credit 1: antonychammond via photopin cc
photo credit 2: Duncan Rawlinson. Duncan.co via photopin cc 
photo credit 3: dan.kristiansen via photopin cc