I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, January 7, 2013

Winter Break

Me - Winter Break, wow! Winter break we did not get nearly as much done as we thought we would. We did have a lot of fun even though my brother was visiting. My brother  and I played Wii together a lot. We also took walks to our local Quik Chek. My Mom and sister and I watched videos and movies and caught up on the stuff on our DVR. We watched the Tournament of Roses Parade on New Years. My sister and I played together a lot over winter break. We also spent a few days at my Grandmother's. We went to Grandparents Day with my grandma. My grandfather didn't come because he had to work. At Grandparents Day, we had lunch. It was good. I had chicken fingers and mozarella sticks. We saw the movie Monsters, Inc. which is one of my favorite movies of all time. I saw the movie a lot of times before but never in the movie theater. Wow, time really does go by fast! I can't believe winter break is over, and I am already back in school.

Mom - So another school break is over. My stepson was visiting. The kids spent a couple days at my Mom's. We had friends over for Christmas and for New Year's Eve and for New Year's Day. My husband and I went to see the movie Les Miserables. We had both seen the Broadway show and loved it. We were not crazy about the movie. For a big musical movie, they ought to get people who can sing better in the leads. The rest of the cast was really good though including Anne Hathaway who will probably win an Oscar for her role of Fantine.   Of course, even when we weren't busy I didn't get nearly as much done as I thought I would or I wanted to. It always seems to be that way. Now, my kids don't have another day off until Spring Break. They usually get Martin Luther King Day in January and President's Day in February. However, this year they have to go to school on both of those days to make up for extra days they had to take off because of Super Storm Sandy. The only days off my kids have for the rest of the year are Spring Break and Memorial Day. I hope we don't have a lot of snow because they don't have any snow days left after the storm. Since it is only the begininning of the winter, it is going to be a very long winter watching and waiting and hoping we don't get any bad snow storms.

And that's our view. How was your Holiday season?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.