I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Annie

Me - Annie, wow! When I was in kindergarten,  my Mom took me to see the Broadway show Annie. It was my third Broadway show, but my first Broadway show with  just my Mom. Before that, my Dad had taken me to see Beauty and the Beast. Also, my Mom and Dad and my cousin and I had seen Mary Poppins. We went on Wednesday afternoon so I got to miss school. I was excited about that too. We took the train. It was my first train ride. I sat on my Mom's lap at the show. I liked the show. I liked the music. I used to have the CD, but I don't anymore. When my Mom was young although older than in kindergarten, Annie was one of her favorite shows. I liked it but not as much as she used to. I  have liked all the Broadway shows I have seen equally. I especially love going to see Broadway shows with my Mom. I can't wait to be able to take my own daughters to see Broadway shows.

Mom - When I was young I went through a phase where I was obsessed with the Broadway show, Annie. I loved the story and the music, and I especially loved that it had a lot of girls that were about my age in it. I saw the original show a couple times. Once I even saw Sarah Jessica Parker starring in it. I also saw her as one of the other orphans the first time I saw the show. Of course, all that was when she was a lot younger before she became famous and made a  lot of movies and was on Sex and the City and all. When Melia was in kindergarten I took her to see a revival of the show starring Kathie Lee Gifford as Miss Hannigan. It was the third Broadway show Melia ever saw. Prior to that my husband had taken her to see Beauty and the Beast and we took her and my niece to see Mary Poppins. Since then she has seen lots of Broadway shows some with me, some with my husband and I, and some with my parents. Melia and I try to go to at least one Broadway show or concert every year just the two of us. Now, there is a new revival of Annie on Broadway. I can't wait to take Aurella to it. She and I have never been to a Broadway show alone together. In fact, the only Broadway show she has seen ever seen so far is Godspell. I love sharing Broadway shows with my daughters but I especially love sharing Annie with them because there was a time in my life when it was so special to me.

And that's our view. What special things do you like to do with your family?

Tune in

No comments:

Post a Comment