I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Fish

Me - I have two pet fish. Their names are Wetty and Whitey. I picked them out myself. They are goldfish. I had to get goldfish. My Dad said that tropical fish are too much trouble.  I feed them every night. I once accidentally spilled a lot of their food on the floor. My Mom got mad because she said I was wasting it. My fish are always swimming around together. They swim really fast. My sister had two fish also, but they died. Then, she got two new fish and one of them died so she got one more new fish. Then, they both died. She got two more fish and they died. Now,  she has no fish. My sister's fish swam around slowly. My fish keep my company at night because I don't like to be alone. My Mom is rude. She says that fish can't love people, but my fish love me.*

*The above is guest post by little sister, Aurella as dictated to Mom.


Mom -  When I was growing up, we had both goldfish and tropical fish not in the same tank, of course. Ours never lived that long, and we were always having to replace them. My stepson had a bunch of goldfish that lived for a really long time. He was always changing their names because he could never remember their names from one day to the next. They lived until he and his friend put all these fish his friend brought home from school in the same tank as my stepson's fish. The fish from the school had the fish disease ick and they infected my stepson's fish so they all died. Right now, both my daughters have fish tanks in their rooms. We had a guinea pig that lived in Aurella's room. She was about the sixth guinea pig we had had although most of them we had before the girls were born. When she died, my husband said we would not be getting another guinea pig. Aurella was used to having company in her room, and could not sleep without any so we got her fish. Melia had a bird at the time. However, she decided she would rather have fish too so we got her a fish tank also.  As for myself, even though we had fish when I was young,  I have never been crazy about them. They are pretty to look at, but they are kind of boring. All they do is swim and eat. They are not soft like furry animals. They do not love you like dogs or cats. I mean even a lizard or a snake or a gerbil or guinea pig or any other reptile and/or furry animal, you can at least hold, but not a fish. Therefore, fish do not really interest me at all, neither fish you can own nor fish you can eat.

And that's our view.What is your favorite kind of fish?

Tune in tomorrow for Funny Friday.