I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, January 10, 2013

New Year's 2013

Me - New Year's, Wow!  Usually on New Year's, me, my Mom, my Dad, and my sister sleep in the living room. We usually take videos of me and my sister. We watch the ball drop in Times Square on  TV. This year, my Dad's friends and their daughter, Jessica came over. Their daughter is my age. On and off we are friends. Also, another friends of theirs and my Dad's came. They all had dinner over. They all slept over. My brother and his friend were there too. We still watched the ball drop, but we did not take videos of my sister and I. Me, Aurella, and Jessica all put shimmer all over ourselves. It looked really cool, but I didn't like it because it was very hard to get off. We also played Monster High. Later, everyone except my brother and his friend slept in the living room by the fire. They slept in the basement. New Year's was good, but I like our usual New Year's better.

Mom - Most New Year's for us are pretty low key. We stay home and take videos of the kids and watch the New Year's specials on TV. After the ball drops in Times Square, we all sleep by the fireplace in our living room. Last year, we actually went to a New Year's party. This year we had a bunch of people over our house. We all ate dinner and dessert together. After, we played  The Big Bang Theory game. It was kind of hard. I like The Big Bang Theory, and I watch it, but I don't pay enough attention to remember everything about it to be good at the game. The game pieces in The Big Bang Theory game represent characters in the show. I was Bernadette. It felt a little strange to me though since I actually know the actress who plays her on TV. Later, we turned on the TV to watch the New Year's Ball in Times Square make it's descent to signify the start of the New Year here on the East Coast. It is strange to think that for three hours the East Coast and the West Coast are actually in different years. Later, we slept around the fireplace as usual, but our friends slept there as well so instead of four of us around the fire, there was eight we also had my stepson and his friend sleeping in our basement. So now, we are in 2013. There were some good things about 2012, but all in all I am not sorry to see it go.

And that's our view. What are you looking forward to in 2013?

Tune in