I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, June 11, 2012

Camping

Me - Camping, wow! Over the past weekend, I went camping with my Dad and my sister. My Mom doesn't go camping so she can try to get caught up and get everything done. I call it her "I am gonna get caught up on-line and get everything done weekend/Bummer I didn't do anything weekend" We went camping with our Sunday school. I played with a bunch of friends that I knew there and with my sister, Aurella. On Friday, I ran around a lot with Aurella,. We ran from the cabin to the dining hall and back numerous times. We were so tired that we went to sleep early. Then, Saturday, I played with my friend, Mya and my sister. Then, I also played with my friends, Raquel, Nella, DJ, and Mya, and of course, with my sister. We played gaga and went by the lake. We ran around. We played board games. Sunday, we played with Raquel, Nella and DJ. Mya had already left. We played some more gaga. I caught a frog, but I had to let it go. When I put my hand in the lake to let go of the frog, something bite me. I screamed. I thought that it was a shark even though there are no sharks in a lake. The big kids said it was probably a snapping turtle. Dad said it was probably one of those big fish that eat turtles. Over all, I had a great time camping, and I hope to go again soon.

Mom - This past weekend my husband took the kids camping. They go twice a year with the  Sunday school. I never go. Partly because I have no desire to go camping, partly because I like having a weekend to myself every once in a while. I always think that while they are away, I will get caught up on everything that I haven't been able to get too. I never do. I usually get a lot done, but I never get completely caught up. I wonder if there really is such a thing as being completely caught up. I don't think so. There is always so much to do, and it seems like there is more and more all the time. Of course, having a husband and kids has made my life busier and more complicated than before I was married, but it is not only them. The computer makes my life more complicated too. It makes my life simpler but also more complicated. There are always so many things to do on-line. Things like blogging , and surveys and e-mail. Things that it takes more than a weekend to get caught up on. Then, they are non-computer things to be done like cleaning out drawers and organizing closets and filing. Well, there is a whole summer to get caught up on these things, but I am sure that at the end of the summer I will feel like I hardly got anything done either. Oh well, maybe when both the girls are in school full time next year, I will feel like I am actually getting things done during the day, but probably not. Maybe, when they are both in school full time and I have all that time to myself, I will not miss my weekends alone when they are not in the same Sunday school next year and not going camping anymore. I doubt that though. I love my family, but every once in a while it is nice to have a weekend alone.

And that's our view. What would you do if you had a weekend to yourself?

Tune in Thursday for another topic.