I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Justin Bieber


Me - Justin Bieiber? BLECH! I  hate him!. You know his song Baby Baby? Well,  I  made a up a new  version  "Baby baby,  I hate you.  Oh, Justin Bieber stinks!" He sings like a girl, and he is a big baby. He even looks like a girl. The first time I heard him sing I thought he was a girl.

When my family first heard him, my mom joked that we would  put a video of  us singing on YouTube and call it  The Family  Glee Club because we are into The  Partridge  Family and Glee, but even if  we did, I don't think we would become famous. That  is  not  how life works. So, how did  it  happen to Justin Bieber since he can not even sing well? I  like to call him Justin Bibler. Even out of my teenage friends, only two of them like him,  and one of those friends is kind of weird just like him anyway which makes sense.

Mom- Justin Bieber, I just don't get it. What is it about him? Although I have heard worse singers, there is nothing special about his voice. It is just kind of average. He is not ugly, but his looks are just kind of average too. There must be tons of videos of people singing posted on YouTube every day, and a number of them must be better singers and/or at least better looking than Justin Bieber. Yet, he is the that one gets noticed and becomes famous?  How in the world did that happen? 

Who are all these young girls who love him? I have two daughters and neither one of them can stand him. In fact, one of the few things my two girls and their 17 year old brother agree on is that they all hate Justin Bieber. In fact, I don't personally know anyone of any age or gender who admits to being a fan of his. Still, I know he has plenty of fans because his records and concerts sell so well. He seems to show up in so many places too like on a recent episode of CSI. So again, I have to wonder what is it about Justin Bieber?

Do all these kids really love him because they really think he is so wonderful or do they love him because of his fame? I mean he was kind of famous before he became famous. Do kids look at him and think if it happened like that for him, being discovered on You Tube, maybe it could for me too? Or maybe, it's even that he seems more approachable to them because he was allegedly just a regular kid whose mother put videos of him singing on You Tube, and the rest, as they say, is history. He was not just some Hollywood or Broadway kid who has been acting and singing professionally since he was a baby. So maybe, he seems more like them to these kids and that's why they love him. Anyway, whatever it is I just don't get it.

And that's our view. Tune in again for another Talking Topic.

photo credit: NRK P3 Justin Bieber, Oslo 2015 via photopin (license)

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree about this. There are so many talented performers who go unnoticed and then he becomes some teen idol and gets his own movie. Such a joke. We can't stand him either.

    ReplyDelete