I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, November 3, 2014

Feet

Me - Feet, wow! Feet are smelly. I don't know where we would be in this world without feet. Feet help us to get places. Without feet we wouldn't be able to walk. Without feet, we wouldn't be able to have as much fun. We wouldn't be able to walk or jump or run. Without feet, we wouldn't be able to do as much. Everybody would need a wheelchair to get everywhere. I like clean feet better than dirty feet. Clean feet don't smell as bad. Feet is the one part of your body where pretty much everybody is ticklish. I like to walk around without shoes, but sometimes I don't like it when the grass touches my feet. I like the feeling of sand under my feet. I don't like having to put my shoes on after walking on the sand though because I don't like sand in my shoes. I don't like to walk on rocks with bare feet. Even though, I like to go barefoot, I also like to wear shoes because I love shoes. I like that my feet are finally the same size as my moms , and I can wear her shoes. My mom has a ton of shoes. Feet are really amazing things!
 Mom -  My feet are small but my sister-in-law's are even smaller. She has to special order shoes or shop in the children's department. I would really hate that because I  love shoes, and I love to go into  the store and pick them out and buy them. I do like to walk around barefoot sometimes, but I really really love shoes. Most shoes are not that comfortable on my feet though at least not for a long time. At least, most of the shoes I like and own are not comfortable on my feet for a long time and I don't even wear long spiky heels or anything like that. I never really get pedicures or paint my toenails. I probably should though sometime because the bottoms of my feet always feel really rough. For about a year, I was having problems with my foot and my heel kept hurting me, and I couldn't always put my foot down without pain when I walked. My daughter was in kindergarten, and we walked to the school every day, and I would be half limping all the way there and back. I finally went to the doctor for something entirely different, and she gave me a prescription to have my foot x-rayed, but then miraculously my foot started feeling better. I haven't had the problem since.  Although I never knew for sure, I always thought it was caused by not wearing proper shoes when I was treadmilling. I always used to wear these thin little white sneakers I had. Now, I always make sure I am careful about the shoes I wear when I go on the treadmill, and I don't wear shoes that are too thin. After all, it is always good to be able to put one's foot down both figuratively and literally.
And that's our view. Shoes off or shoes on which do you prefer and why?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

photo credits:
photo credits 1: aussiegall via photopin cc
photo credit 2: shannonkringen via photopin cc
photo credit 3: katiew via photopin cc