I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, August 18, 2014

Dentists

Me - I am afraid of the dentist. When  I go I don't like to sit in the chair, and then, I don't open my mouth. I don't really know why I'm afraid of the dentist. She just looks at my teeth and cleans them. It doesn't really hurt. ttickles kind of. Once, I went to the dentist, and  I found out I had two loose teeth on the top of my mouth.  After my check-up, I get prizes. Once, I got a really nice bracelet that I loved. It broke. I think at school. The next time I got another bracelet.  I also get stickers, tattoos, a toothpaste and toothbrush. I don't care about the toothpaste and toothbrush. I hope I don't need to get braces some day. My Mom has had them. My Dad has had them. My brother has had them. My sister has them now. I don't think I will because I have really good teeth.*

*The above is a guest post by little sister, Aurella as dictated to Mom.

Mom - I am not crazy about going to the dentist, but I do not have a phobia of it like some people do. When I was young and went for the first time, I was really afraid and refused to lie down in the dentist's chair. After that time, I was always fine, and did whatever was asked of me. Both of my girls are much more afraid than I ever was. When Aurella was little, she refused to let the dentist look in her mouth. When she got old enough to actually be examined, she didn't want to open her mouth. When she was older she would not sit in the chair. Even after we got her to sit in the chair, she sometimes still would not open her mouth. She usually likes the prizes the dentist gives out so sometimes we can get her to cooperate by using that. Melia did not like to sit down and let the dentist examine her.  Sometimes, she would literally go and hide behind a chair or something. Once, she had to have five teeth pulled to prepare her for getting braces. My husband had to carry her and put her in the chair so that the dental surgeon could pull the teeth out. She has gotten a lot better though the last time we went to the dentist, she did everything the dentist asked of her. My husband is a dentist's dream. He is the only one I know who actually brushes after every meal even if we are out. He carries a little toothbrush and toothpaste with him everywhere. I must say it works too because he hasn't had a problem with his teeth. Even knowing that, however, I cannot get myself to be as diligent about it as he is, and I don't know anyone else who can either.

And that's our view. How do you feel about going to the dentist?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

photo credit: Dave Lanovaz via photopin cc