I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, September 18, 2017

Let's Talk About Moving


Me - Moving, maybe wow maybe not wow! I have only lived in two places in my life. When I was 9 months old, we moved. I don't really remember it that much. I remember that we had no garage in our old house and my brother's bike was in our dining room. He was 9 when we moved. Now, we are moving again. I am kind of torn about the whole thing. Some of the good things about moving are all if I put all my things in boxes and take them out again in the new place, I can keep them neater and start over as a neater and more organized person. Of course, hopefully, I wouldn't be a neat freak. If I started at a new school, I could build myself a completely new personality. For some reason I have always wanted to live in an apartment.  I would also get to complete redecorate my room. There are also bad things about moving. It will takes months to put everything in to place at our new house. We already know everything fits perfectly in the house we live in now, but don't know if it will fit in our new house. I'd have to start a new school where I don't know anybody. I would have to make all new friends. We have to get rid of things make sure everything fits in the new house because we won't have a basement to store things. So pretty much I don't really know what to think about moving right now.

Mom - I have moved a number of times in my life. When I was six months, we moved from the West Coast back to the East Coast to be near my parents' families. That didn't really affect me because I was so young. When I was 4, we moved again. I didn't have to do the actual moving, and I was too young to be that attached to my friends. When I was 11, we moved again. I still didn't have to do any of the actual moving, but I was old enough to miss my friends. In college, every year I moved in to the dorm and out of the dorm at the beginning and end of the year. This time I had to do the actual moving myself although I always had help, but the move was only temporary, and I didn't have to move all my stuff. My husband and I have moved several times since we have been together although not in over ten years. Now, that I am older moving is a hassle. I hate packing and unpacking. I hate how long it takes to get settled in a new place and get everything exactly the way you want it. I hate leaving everything that is familiar. I have never lived any place that was such a paradise that no place on earth could possibly compare. However, even if you hate where you are living and can't wait to move, you don't know if the place that you are moving to will be any better than the place you left until you are living there. If you don't like the new place, you can always move again, but that is just a bigger hassle. It would be nice if you could have a crystal ball that would tell you the best place for you to live so you could go live there. However, since that is not an option, I prefer to just stay where I am and only move when it is absolutely necessary.

And that's our view. How many times have you moved in your life?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

photo credit: Travis Estell Big John Movers via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment