I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Theater Thursday- On Your Feet and War Paint

What: On Your Feet

Where: Marquis Theatre
             1501 Broadway
             Floor 14
             New York, NY

Who: Ages 10 and up
Me -  I recently got to see On Your Feet. We were in New York, and we had some extra time so we entered the Hamilton digital lottery. Of course, we didn't win. However, some of the show lotteries were still not over then so we entered the On Your Feet digital lottery, and we actually won. We were so excited! We never won a Broadway show digital lottery before although actually the only digital Broadway show lottery we ever entered before was Hamilton, but we entered that one a few different times. On Your Feet is a really good show. My Mom had seen it before but I hadn't. It is about Gloria and Emilio Estefan. I liked the music. I really liked a lot of the songs. I was familiar with the songs before I went to the show. Some of them I still don't know as well and some of them I didn't know well before I saw the show. The acting and singing and dancing in the show were all excellent!  I pretty much liked all the characters in the show. I didn't have a favorite. The story was interesting. I knew a little about Gloria and Emilio Estefan before I went to the show but not a lot. I liked learning about their lives. It was very fascinating. I liked the way the show ended with a mini concert and they all sang. All in all, it was very enjoyable show, and I would highly suggest seeing it if you have the opportunity before it closes on August 20.

For more information about On Your Feet or to purchase tickets visit www.onyourfeetmusical.com

And that's Aurella's view. For Mom's view of On Your Feet  go here
***************************************************************
What: War Paint

Where: Nederlander Theatre
             208 W. 41 St.
            New York, NY

Who: Teens and Up
Mom's view: The best thing about War Paint is that it is the opportunity to see two of American's finest stage actresses, Patti Lupone and Christine Ebersole strutting their stuff. Lupone plays Helena Rubenstein and Ebersole plays Elizabeth Arden in this tale of the two famous warring cosmetic titans. Neither actress disappoints. Their acting and singing are both wonderful. The supporting cast especially Douglass Sills and John Dossett are good too. The sets are interesting and the costumes are beautiful. The show is not the most interesting, however, and the songs are not very memorable. The show is not very historically accurate either. While in reality  allegedly the two woman never met, for purposes of the show, several scenes have been contrived to make it at least appear as if the two women were at the same place at the same time.  It is definitely not a show for young children who would be bored. However, older children who are particular fans of the theater might appreciate the chance to see these two fine actresses. All in all this is definitely a show that is worth seeing for its cast.

For more information or to purchase tickets visit www.warpaintmusical.com

Tune in tomorrow for Funtivity Friday.
Photo credits: All On Your Feet photos by Matthew Murphy
                     All War Paint photos by Joan Marcus

No comments:

Post a Comment