I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, November 16, 2015

Let's Talk About Dance

Me - Dance, wow! I love to dance! I sometimes make up dances and teach them to my little sister. Then, we perform them for our parents. I was going to take ballet. However, I really always wanted to take hip hop. I like it better. I actually love all dance, but hip hop is my favorite. I love hip hop! I have wanted to take it since I was around 5.  I like watching hip hop dancing too. When I was younger, I used to like to watch the dancing on Shake It Up on the Disney Channel. My favorite person on it was Zendaya. Her character's name was Rocky. Her real name was Raquel, but they never called her that. I loved watching Zendaya on Dancing With the Stars too. She is so good at that dancing too. As for me. I don't know how to do ballroom dance. I like to watch it though. I probably could do it do if I tried. Dancing is something that I am good at, and I am a fast learner. On Dancing With the Stars, I especially like the fast dances like the jive and the quick step. I love dancing, I love to watch it and I love to do it!
Mom - I am not and never have been much of a dancer. I cannot follow steps. When I used to do community theater I never had any trouble learning lines and I sometimes could run through the entire play in my head. However, I could never learn dance steps. When was young I enjoyed going to The Nutcracker Ballet every year with my grandmother. I may have gone to a few other ballets too but I don't really remember them. When I was 11, I took ballet for a few months. A friend and I took it one day a week and my sister and her two friends took it another day a week. One day, my friend forgot the check her mother had written out for the previous month's class. When the teacher was taking attendence she said to my friend "You didn't pay for my class last month, I don't want you in my class this month." She made my friend sit out in the waiting room the entire time until our mother's came to pick us up. The next day, all of us including my sister and her two friends (one of whom was my friend's sister) all dropped out of ballet class. That was the end of my brief dance career. Nowadays, I don't even dance with my husband. The only time we ever danced together was at our wedding. He doesn't even like to watch dancing. My girls, however, love dancing. Melia is always making up little dances for her and Aurella to do. I don't know where she got her dance talent from. It certainly wasn't from me or my husband.
And that's our view. What kind of dancing do you like?
Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

photo credits:
photo credit 1: kirkland jpgs-7818 via photopin (license)
 photo credit 2: Vous allez bouger sur CoachClub.com ! via photopin (license)
 photo credit 3: Kistelek WDSF Open 2012 - Sunday via photopin (license)
 photo credit 4: School Dance via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment