I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, September 19, 2011

Travel

Me - Travel wow! I have barely ever traveled. Here are the states I have been to : New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia and Texas. I would like to go to California, and Hawaii.My Mom was born in California and we have a lot of relatives and friends there including a cousin my age who I am dying to meet. Hawaii is where my parents went on their honeymoon. I have never been to any foreign countries. I would like to go to Asia because it's my favorite continent. The reason is that in 4th grade, my teacher once asked "What is the biggest continent?" I wasn't sure, but I said Asia. I was right so now it is my favorite. When I am 12, my Dad is going to take me to Israel. My Dad actually lived in Israel for a while. My Mom also visited Israel twice when she was younger. I can't wait to go to Israel and visit the Dead Sea. I want to swim in it. Well, you don't actually swim, you float. I can take a book and sit there and read. If you have been a regular reader of this blog, you know I love to read. So what I am trying to say from all this is although I have not traveled a lot  I like to travel and wish I could do it more.

Mom - When I was younger, I used to travel a lot. We went on a family vacations every summer. I also did a lot of traveling with my grandmother. We went to Israel twice and to many countries in Europe. Sometimes, we went by ourselves and sometimes with my brother and my cousin. When I was older, I started traveling around to different baseball stadiums. At first, I followed the New York Mets around, and then I followed the Royals and Blue Jays when David Cone, my favorite player was with them, and later the Yankees, when David came back to New York to play for them. I went to 32 different major league stadiums. My goal was go to them all. I would still like to do that sometime, but I don't have the time or money right now. A lot of the stadiums I went to don't even exist any more because a lot of new stadiums have opened in the last ten years that I have been unable to travel a lot. I think what I miss most about life before my husband and kids is being able to travel more. Nowadays, it is hard enough to be able to take the family to a movie, let alone on a vacation. Everything is just so expensive. Also, as we all know it's a different world. When I was young, the getting there was as fun as the being there. I loved flying on planes because it was an adventure. Now, I don't like getting there at all. Cars, Buses and Trains give me headaches and 9/11 took all the joy out of flying. Although, I have to admit, since I have been older, I haven't enjoyed flying as much, but it didn't  use to be as much of a hassle and a scary thing before 9/11 as now. I wish I could just teleport from place to place and not really have to go through the trouble of getting there. Anyway, even without that, I would still like to get back to traveling one day. I would still like to get to every major league stadium that currently exists, and I would also like to get to every state in the country at least once.So far I have been to about 30 or so.  I wouldn't mind going other places either like Asia or the Scandinavian countries. However, right now just being able to take my kids on a vacation would be nice. I feel like they are missing a lot not being able to travel and take vacations like I did when I was a kid, and I feel bad about that.

And that's our view. Tune in Friday for another topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment