I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Friday, September 9, 2011

Little Kids and Babies

Me - Little Kids and babies, wow! I love love love love love kids who are ages 7 and younger. Anyone from 1 day old to 7, I absolutely adore. I like to play with my dolls where they are kids of my own. When I am a little older, I am going to babysit. First I will babysit for my sister than I will babysit for other people's kids.That she be very easy because there are tons of little kids in my neighborhood. During the summer, I will work at day camp like my Mom did. I hope to work at the same camp that she did. When I was little, I used to go to Mommy & Me there. I have a lot of  baby cousins. I have a 4 year old cousin, a 3 year old cousin, a 2 year old cousin, a year old cousin, and a cousin that is less than 1. My 1 year old cousin is just about the cutest baby I have ever seen (but don't tell my sister she'll get insulted). I can't wait to grow up and have kids of my own.  Babies are one of my favorite things in the whole world!

Mom- I have never been a baby person, someone who oohed and aahed over tiny babies.I mean, of course, I loved my own children when they were babies the same as I love them now. However, I have always been much more interested in kids from about age 2 to 7. When they are walking and talking and doing things, and yet, they still have that sweet innocence. Not that 2 and 3 year olds don't have the terrible twos or the horrible threes or whatever and not that 5 year olds and 6 year olds and 7 year olds don't talk back or act bratty ever. However, there is still a sweetness and innocence to kids that young. They still are not completely jaded and or convinced that they know everything about everything. When I was young, I worked at day camp for two summers. The first year I was with the 2 and 3 year olds. They were cute and sweet and adorable and only wanted to sit on the counselor's laps. They thought we were their best friends. Many of them hadn't even been to school yet so we were their first teachers aside from their families. The next year I worked with the 3 and 4 year olds because I wanted to move up with the kids from the previous year. There were cute and sweet too. Later when I was older, I was going to go into teaching, but I didn't. I did do some student teaching, but I never actually became a teacher. At first, it was because I was kind of quiet and there were too many different groups of people to deal with being a teacher; other teachers, adminstrators, parents, and students. Also, it would be different being a teacher than a counselor. Children are not expected to learn when they are going to camp. They can learn, but the main purpose of camp is to have fun.  School is the opposite. It can be fun, but the main purpose of school is to learn. Now, that I am older another reason that I am glad that I am not a teacher is that now that I have my own children, I do not want to deal with other people's children for 6 hours a day. Don't get me wrong, I love my children I really do, but they are enough for me. I'll leave the teaching to others who are dedicated to doing that, I am not.

And that's our view. Tune in again for another topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment