I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Friday, September 23, 2011

Sports

Me - Sports, wow! I used to play soccer. I really did enjoy it, but I had to quit to go to Sunday school. I wish I still played it. I enjoy watching baseball, but I don't play it. I would like to play softball but I can't again because of Sunday school. I have been to a lot of Minor League and Independent League stadiums but only Shea Stadium, the old Yankee Stadium and Citi Field in the Major  Leagues. The only time I went to Yankee Stadium was when I was baby. I went to Shea Stadium twice once when I was a baby and once when I was older. I went to Citi Field once with camp. Baseball is my favorite sport to watch. Soccer is kid of boring if you are not playing it. Hockey is really fun to watch too, and it is really tense so you can't take your eyes off it. My favorite hockey team is the New Jersey Devils. I went to Devil games when I was a baby, but I don't really remember. Now, we go to minor league hockey games. The team is called the Trenton Titans but it used to be the Trenton Devils. My Mom told me they were originally the Trenton Titans and than they became they Trenton Devils and now, they are becoming the Trenton Titans again. Before I was born, my brother had a birthday party at the Trenton Titans one year. I would like to go to see the Titans for my birthday this year, if they have a game that day (or night), but I am not having a birthday party there. My sister usually goes to baseball games on her birthday because it is in the summer so I would like to a hockey game for mine.

Mom- I've never been much of an athlete. I was the only one out of my brother and sister, and I who was never on a team in a sports league. When I was young, I played wiffle ball in the yard with my Dad and brother and that was about it. I didn't really watch sports much either even though I  liked baseball. I was a fan of the New York Mets because my Dad was, but I wouldn't say I was a huge fan. However, when I was a senior in college I turned on the TV to find out what the weather was going to be like the next day. All they were talking about was how the Mets were about to win their division (the first step on the road to the World Series). I figured I still liked baseball enough that if that was all they were going to talk about I might as well watch the game. So I changed the channel, and I watched the rest of the game. Well, the Mets did win their division, and I was hooked. I was fanatic about baseball for the next ten years or so. At first I was a Met fan, but for me, unlike most people it wasn't only about the shirt but who was playing in the shirt so I later became a Blue Jay fan, a Royal fan, a Blue Jay fan again, and then a Yankee fan as my favorite player, David Cone was traded from place to place. Nowadays, I am more of a minor league baseball fan because it is closer and cheaper. My other favorite sport is hockey. If you are not a hockey fan, you might think hockey is all about the fighting but that is not true. I actually got into hockey because of baseball. One night, I was watching a baseball game with my Dad, on the commercials he kept turning to game 7 of the 1994 playoffs between the New York Rangers and the New Jersey Devils. The Rangers won the game and went on to win their first Stanley Cup in like 50 years. I only hoped it would be the Devils the next year. It was, and I was hooked. For the next, ten years I was a big hockey fan and went to lots of games. While I still like hockey and the New Jersey Devils, I haven't been to a Devils game in years. It is just to expensive, and I don't feel like the current ownership cares about the fans only the season ticket holders. However, we are lucky enough to have a minor league hockey team (who were a part of the Devils up until this season) not that far way so I still get to go to some hockey games.

And that's our view. Tune in Monday for another topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment