I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, September 12, 2011

Stuffed Animals

Me - Stuffed animals, wow! I love stuffed animals. I have a ton of them. I have Webkinz, Build-A-Bears and more. I have Daffy Duck from the Loony Tunes. I have a white bear that my sister won and gave to me. I called it Cupcake. It is really specially to me because Aurella gave it to me. I have three little lambs, Lila, Lily, and Lilac. I have a little bear with a heart on its stomach that says Be Mine. That bear is named Valentine. My Dad got it for me at Amazing Savings. I have a little yellow duck named Dick Duck. I used to have a big plastic duck called Dick Duck. I named it that because my grandfather was always talking about Dick's the sporting goods store.  I have always loved ducks. I also have a bunch of kitty cats including cats named Kit Kitty, Elizabeth and a Persian cat named Abby Fluffagus. Sometimes I call her Mrs. Fluffagus. She is married to a dog called Pugsy Floffagus. I often feel  really sad when I have to rid of some of my stuffed animals because I love them so much. I have  a chimpanzee named Molly. I keep saying I am going to get rid of her, but I can't. She is too adorable because she makes little sounds and give hugs. I have a toy Frenchy the dog from Fancy Nancy. Aurella gave me that one too. We are always giving each other toys and stuffed animals. I have Curious George and I have Fox in Sox from Dr. Suess which are also from Aurella. I have a Pound Puppy. I have Slider and Sparkee the mascots from the Somerset Patriots. I have a little panda, Pandalina Trina. I won that one for selling Girl Scout cookies. So over all, I have a ton of stuffed animals, and I absolutely love them.

Mom - When I was a kid I was always fond of stuffed animals as are my daughters. I had a lot of Disney stuffed animals including. Lady from Lady and the Tramp, Duchess from The Aristocats, Thumper from Bambi, and Dumbo.  I also had a bunch of ones that weren't tied to any movie or anything. Most of those I don't remember any more. Off the top of my head,  I do remember a kangaroo and a koala my grandmother brought back from Australia,  a little red teddy bear that my sister gave me on Valentine's Day and a purple elephant my first boyfriend won for me at the boardwalk. All of the stuffed animals had names. Usually cute names like Cupcake or Valentine. Other times the names were not so cutesy. There was a big old stuffed animal I kept at my grandmother's called Sir Drake. I think it was a dog, but I am not sure, and I don't remember why we called it that. Even now, I still have a couple of stuffed animals, a bear from my college , a bear dressed as an aviator that my husband got for signing up for some credit card, and a dog dressed completely in NJ Devils gear that my husband made for me at Build-A-Bear named Martin after Martin Brodeur the Devils goalie. My girls always have tons of stuffed animals, Build-A-Bears, Webkinz, stuffed animals from some TV show or movie, and even some that aren't particularly tied to anything. However there is a rule in our house. If there isn't any place to put any more stuffed animals, you can't get any more (this rule applies to other types of toys too) so periodically we go through the girls toys and they decide what they want to get rid of. They are pretty good about it especially my older daughter. We get rid of tons of toys mostly by donating them to charity. However, even after we have gone through and the girls have gotten rid of what seems like a ton of stuffed animals, there are still so many. So it's a good thing we do make the girls go through and get rid of some or else I think the house would be completely overrun with stuffed animals and toys. Sometimes on a particularly messy day, which is something that happens a lot with my younger daughter who likes to go from room to room making messes, it feels like the house has been completely overrun with stuffed animals and toys.

And that's our view. Tune in again for another topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment