I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, October 24, 2011

Raising Hope vs. Up All Night

Me - Raising Hope, wow!  Up All Night, wow! I love love love Raising Hope. I also love Up All Night. Raising Hope is so hilarious. MawMaw, Hope's great grandmother, is  my favorite character because she is really funny. Hope is also one of my favorite characters because she is one of the cutest babies in the whole world. Raising Hope is one of my favorite shows in the world. Up All Night is funny, but not as funny as Raising Hope. On Up All Night, their baby, Amy is my  favorite character. She is really really cute too. I also like the Mom's boss, Ava. She is funny. She wanted to give Amy a baby wallet for a present. I have to say although I think they are both very funny and very good shows, I like Raising Hope a little more and Hope is a lot cuter. We always watch Raising Hope episodes as soon as they are on, but we watch episodes of Up All Night when we get around to them, and we are currently three episodes behind.

Mom - My girls love babies and  little kids so we like to watch shows featuring babies. We have been watching Raising Hope since it began, and it is hilarious. So when the new show Up All Night came along we were eager to watch that too. However, I have to say while it has its funny moments as well so far I just don't find it as funny as Raising Hope. Maybe, it's that I don't know anyone like the characters on Raising Hope that makes them so funny. Although my life is not completely like any of the characters on Up All Night either,I feel like they are more like me or people I know or have known. Maybe, because of that when they act stupid or say or do stupid things, I don't find it as funny. I feel like they ought to know better than that. Maybe, it's a kind of reverse prejudice. I expect them not to know what they are doing on Raising Hope because they are more lower class, and I expect them to know what they are doing on Up All Night because they are more middle class. Over all, the characters are funnier on Raising Hope too. There is Hope;  her Dad, Jimmy; her grandfather, Burt; her grandmother, Virginia; her great grandmother, MawMaw; and Sabrina, Jimmy's co-worker and crush. Not one of them is not funny. On Up All Night there is baby Amy; her Dad, Chris; her Mom, Reagan; and her Mom's boss, Ava. All of the characters can be funny at times, but at other times all of them can be annoying especially Ava. While the babies playing the babies on both shows are cute, the babies playing Hope are even a little cuter. So over all, I would definitely have to say that while for the moment I am still watching both shows, I would definitely prefer and recommend Raising Hope.

And that's our view. Tune in Friday for another topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment