I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, March 30, 2015

Monthly Mash-up for March, 2015: Teenage Boys and Old Familiar Experiences vs. New Experiences

Me - My topics for this month is teenage boys. Ugh, not wow! Teenage boys are annoying especially middle school boys. They are so confusing. You can never tell what they're  thinking. One day, they act one way and the next day they act completely differently. Otherwise, sometimes, they just keeping acting the same way even though the way they are acting doesn't make any sense.They are very immature. They act stupidly and rudely. They are mean. I hate teenage boys. I can't wait until I am older, and I don't have to deal with boys that age any more.

Mom - My topic for this month is old familiar experiences vs. new experiences. New experiences are nice. It is nice to see a see a show or movie you've never seen before. It is nice to go to an amusement park or museum or some other place you have never been. Over the last year or so, our family has been  lucky enough to experience lots of fun and new experiences. We have enjoyed all of them (although maybe some of them more than others). I was beginning to feel like I never wanted to do anything I had already done again. I just wanted to keep having new experiences all the time. However, recently, I took my younger daughter to see the show Mamma Mia. It was her first time seeing the show, but it was my third. As the lights went down and the orchestra started playing the overture, I realized I felt just as excited and happy to being seeing the show as I had the first time (and the second time too). It made me realize that new experiences are nice but sometimes doing (or seeing) things that are familiar can be exciting and fun too.

And that's our view too. Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment