I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Ten Fun Things to Do in the Winter

Me - Ten great things to do in the winter, wow! Here are five.
1) Build a snowman - My sister and I once went to  a grandparents day with our grandmother, and we won a snowman building kit. It came with a scarf, a hat, a pipe, buttons, a mouth, eyes, and a fake carrot. We tried using a really carrot but I can never make it stick into the snow. Once we made a snowman named Feebo, and we were going to make it a wife named Phoebe, but we never did.
2) Go sledding - Sledding is so much fun. When my sister and I go we keeping creating different ways to go on the sled down the hill and giving each one different names. One of our favorites is called Runaway Sled. You push the sled and when it starts going down the hill, you jump on. Nobody else knows about the place we sled so it's just the two of us.
 3) Build a snow fort - I have never actually built a successful snow fort myself. It seems like a lot of fun though. I can never get the snow to stick together. Also, I don't have the patience or the room.
4) Have a snowball fight. I like to have snowball fights, but my sister doesn't because she doesn't like to get hit with stuff. Sometimes. I can get her to have one for a little bit before she quits.
 
 5) Go ice skating  - I have only actually been once but it was really fun. I started off slowly but by the end of the time, I was skating really fast around the rink. We went for three hours, and when I took off the skates I couldn't walk.

Mom - Here are five more fun things to do in winter.
6) Have a pajama day. Our family loves to stay inside on a really cold day We stay in our pajamas. We eat popcorn, and  we watch movies.
7) Drink hot chocolate. Dunkin Donuts makes really good hot chocolate. They even sell it in K-cups so you can make it at home. They also make really good white hot chocolate. Unfortunately, they don't have that available in k-cups. McDonalds also has really good white hot chocolate.
8) Sit around in front of the fireplace or sleep in front of the fireplace - Our family has a tradition where we sleep in front of the fireplace every New Year's Eve. It is fun to watch the flames. Sometimes, when we wake up in the morning, there is still a little bit of flame.
9) Play board games. Our family especially likes board games that make you think like Trivial Pursuit, Taboo, and Scattegories. Board games may seem kind of old fashioned compared to some of the technology today, but they are still fun. Also, it's nice to play something that the whole family can play together at once.
10) Bake cookies. I always used to make sugar cookies with my grandmother.  When my kids were little they used to make chocolate chip cookies with my Mom. Of course, we didn't make cookies from scratch.. My husband and my kids, however, do make cookies from scratch. Almost every winter, they make gingerbread cookies, and they love it. Once they built a gingerbread house, but they accidentally put it upside down so it fell apart.

And that's our view.  What do you think it's fun to do in the winter?

Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

photo credits
photo credits 1: emkladil via photopin cc
photo credit 2: Michael Fleshman via photopin cc
photo credit 3: mwphillips75 via photopin cc
photo credit 4: Ferguson Jones via photopin photo credit 5: Ferguson Jones via photopin cc
photo credit 6: Ferguson Jones via photopin cc
photo credit 7: Mike Kniec via photopin cc
photo credit 8: billread via photopin cc
photo credit 9: noktulo via photopin cc
photo credit 10: Kelly Sue via photopin cc




No comments:

Post a Comment