I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Somebody Come and Play: 45 Years of Sesame Street

 Me - Somebody Come and Play: 45 Years of Sesame Street, wow! I really loved this exhibit. It was so interesting to learn so many things about Sesame Street which is a show I loved when I was a kid. I still love it. Sesame Street is a really good show for anybody. They have a lot of spoofs and things that will appeal to adults. I got to see Ernie and Bert. I found out they don't even have legs. I never knew that before. I also saw Snufflepagus. He was much bigger than I thought he would be. Big Bird was so amazing close up. They also had sheet music from songs and pictures and all kinds of interesting things. I would have liked to spend more time looking at them but after a while my sister got bored. They had this really cool interactive video table. There were so many interactive features. You could look up Muppets from Sesame Street, Muppets from Sesame Street in other countries, human characters who appeared on Sesame Street, Muppet puppeters, important things that happened in the show in different decades and all kinds of other things. My mom and I could easily have spent hours there just looking up different information on the video table. It was a great exhibit and a lot of fun to see.
 Mom -  I was part of the first generation to grow up on Sesame Street, and I have always had a fondness for it. I enjoyed watching it with my own kids and was a little sad when they outgrew it. I was happy to see that they were as excited as me to visit the Somebody Come and Play: 45 Years of Sesame Street exhibit at the New York Public Library for the Performing Arts. It was great to see so many of the Muppets including Bert, Ernie, Oscar, Elmo, Zoe, Cookie Monster etc. up close even if they were behind glass and we couldn't actually touch them. I also loved seeing Ernie's rubber ducky and the original songs lyrics for the song rubber ducky. There were so many other great things to see too including one of the actually Emmy Awards that the show has won over the years. There were also TV's where you could watch scenes from various Sesame Street episodes over the years. I especially loved the interactive table where you could learn so many different things about Sesame Street and the people and Muppets who were on it over the years as well as the people who worked behind the scenes and the people who created it. You could probably pretty much learn anything you could ever want to know about Sesame Street from that table. My daughter and I spend a lot of time there looking up different things, and we could easily have spent a lot more time. For so many of us, Sesame Street is a special part of our lives, and this exhibit let us live it all again for just a little while.
And that's our view. Who is your favorite Sesame Street character and/or your child's favorite character?
Tune in tomorrow for Funny Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment