I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Friday, February 17, 2012

Seasons

Me - Seasons, wow! I really don't like winter. Between the chilly and air and the snow it's too much of a hassle. Two things I like about winter are my birthday is in the winter and sometimes it's a pretty sight to look at snow covering the houses and treetops. Spring has great weather.  The weather is usually just right not too cold or too hot just like the porridge in The Three Bears. It's a great time to go out and play with friends and ride a bike and scooter and roller skate. It's a wonderful time for taking classes and going to the park. Also, the spring is the perfect time to change your wardrobe, after a while, I get sick of my clothes. However sometimes, spring gets too hot or too rainy. I really don't like summer. It's so hot! I do like that if it isn't too hot you can go outside and play. I love the fact that there is no school. That is pretty much the only thing I like about it though. Fall is another wonderful time to change your wardrobe. I love the pretty colors of the leaves. I don't like the fact that it is starting to get colder. I don't like having to go back to school. All the seasons have their ups and downs so I don't really have a favorite.

Mom -I don't really have a favorite season. There are good and bad things about them all. I like the winter because my birthday is in the winter. I don't like getting older but we usually go out to dinner, and we always have an ice cream cake. Snow is beautiful when it's not dirty, but it is a nuisance. I especially don't like having to drive in it. I like when the kids have snow days and we can stay home in our pajamas instead of going out in the cold. I like spring because it gets warm again and the flowers grow. I don't like it because it usually rains a lot. I like summer because we do not have to keep to a schedule as much. I like going swimming except I hate having to change into my bathing suit and everything before and change out of my bathing suit and everything after. I don't like the summer because it gets too hot. I don't like cold weather either but at least when it's cold you can bundle up, when it's hot especially when you are outside there is not much you can do. I like the fall because when the leaves turn colors it's is really pretty. Everything starts again in the fall. I also don't like the fall because I hate getting away from the laziness of the summer and getting back into the routines of the school year. I always regret that I never get as much done over the summer as I plan to. Although actually, I almost always feel like I don't get enough done as I would like to do. There is just too much to do all the time in the winter, spring, summer and fall.

And that's our view. Tune in again for another topic.