I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Friday, February 3, 2012

Baths vs. Showers

Me - Hi. I like taking baths.  I have a bunch of bath toys. I love to play in the tub. I also love taking showers. I play there too. I sit on the floor and play with my toys. My Mom washes my hair, and then I play while she washes herself, and then I wash my body and wash out my hair. I also sometimes play in the shower while my Mom gets out of the shower and gets herself ready in the bathroom. Sometimes, I even play with my toys on the bathroom floor while my Mom takes a shower. I keep my bath toys in a big purple box. Sometimes, I like to play with them even when nobody is taking  a bath or shower. It's nice to get clean, but all I really care about is the toys. In fact, thinking about the bath toys makes me want to play with them so I am going to play with them now. Bye*

* The above is a guest post by younger sister, Aurella as dictated to Mom. 

Mom - I am a shower person. My husband is a bath person. The girls sometimes take baths and sometimes take showers. Aurella mostly cares about playing with her bath toys anyway. She is the only person I know who actually plays with her bath toys even in the shower. She just sits on the floor of the shower and plays. I don't like baths because they make me feel like I am sitting in my own dirt. I like showers because they are quick. I guess some people can linger in the shower for a long time, but I don't. I guess some people like to do their thinking in the shower or find it relaxing or whatever. I don't. I just want to get clean and get out. The only time I ever really took a lot of baths was shortly after Aurella was born when my arm was bothering me. All of the sudden, my arm just started hurting all the time. I think it was from the strain of caring around the baby in the baby carrier. In any case,  the only time my arm didn't hurt was when I was in the bath so I started taking long frequent baths. I would even wake up in the middle of the night and take baths just to get some relieve from the pain. That lasted about a month or so. I never did find out what was wrong, but thankfully it finally went away, and I went back to taking showers.

And that's our view. Tune in Monday for another topic.