We are a mother and daughter who both love to write. We decided to start this blog so we could spend time together doing something
we both love and share it with you. We specialize in reviewing fun places to go and fun things to do, but we talk a little bit about everything.
We would love to hear your views too.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Parties Then and Now

Me- When   I   was   little  parties    were    going    out    having    cake   and   giving   goody  bags.Now  it  is  staying   home  and  doing   something   small .Even   now   I  like  parties  but  they  were  better  when  I  was   young!

 Mom - When I was a kid, you could invite people over for a pizza party and just have  pizza and cake that was a party. If you wanted entertainment, you played pin the tail on the donkey or musical chairs or something like that. You didn't hire entertainment. When I was a little older, you might actually have a party outside of your house, but still nothing fancy; like maybe a swim party or a roller skating party or something. They did not have places whose only purpose was to put on  kids birthday parties. When my kids were little, birthday parties got so fancy. You couldn't just serve a meal and that was the party. You were expected to serve a meal and provide entertainment. even if the party was just at home and most parties were not at home.  I even knew people who spend over 500 on a 2 or 3 year olds birthday party, and I went to Bar and Bat Mitzvah's that were as fancy and formal as a wedding. That is just a little crazy. Nowadays, things seems to be moving away from that. More people are having home parties. More people are providing their own entertainment at parties like karaoke, makeovers, or dvd watching. I am sure this trend back to simpler birthday parties is because of the economy, but I think it is a good thing.

And that's our view. Tune in again for another   topic

No comments:

Post a Comment