I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Snow!



Me- Today we are talking about snow. To  me, snow is a pain. When you don't have to walk   through it every day, it's  fine, but  I do. Because of  that, I usually get  to  class every day with a bunch of snow  in  my shoes.  Lately, when it snows, even if I wanted  to go out  and  play in the snow,  it  is either too  deep or too shallow. Most  kids always want to go out and play in  the snow or they try to make money by shoveling. I  mean face it  kids love snow, but not me I hate it!  All it  is  to me is an INCONVENIENCE!


Mom - Snow is a four letter word, and I mean that in the worst sense of the phrase. Oh, it's fun when you are young and snow means a day off from school, snow men and snow forts. However, when you actually have to get around in it, the thrill is gone. It is just a cold, wet, icy and sometimes dangerous nuisance especially when you have to drive around in it. Someone once told me "What is the big deal about driving around in the snow? The worse thing that can happen is you get into an accident." Well, sure if accident meant nothing more than fender bender that would be fine, but people are seriously injured or killed in car accidents every day. So, when there  is snow on the road, don't expect to see me behind the wheel of my car.


And that's our view. Tune in again for another Talking Topic.

Photo credit:
photo credit 1: cseeman Juvenile and Adult Fox Squirrels on a Snowy Day in Ann Arbor at the University of Michigan - November 11th, 2019 via photopin (license)
photo credit 2: RomanK Photography The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe via photopin (license)
photo credit 3: DaPuglet Happy Birthday Sweet Sixteen! via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment