I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Golden Globes 2011

 

Me - Today we are going to talk about the Golden Globes. I watch the Golden Globes for two reasons. Number one - fashion. I don't want to bore you saying stuff my mom says because that is what she will be talking about. I'll be taking about the other reason. I also watch to root for people I like. If there isn't someone I like or if there isn't someone I have heard of at the moment, I guess who I think will win. This particular time, I couldn't decide whether I should root for Glee or The Big Bang Theory. At the last minute, I decided, Glee and guess what it won!  Even though, I felt bad for The Big Bang Theory, I was glad that one of my favorite shows got an award!


Mom - For me, the Golden Globes, as with most other award shows, is mostly about the fashion. I don't care who is wearing what designer because, let's face it, not many of us can afford those designer clothes anyway. It is about what looks good to me. Do I like the color of the dress?  Do I like the style of the dress? Do I like the shoes?  Do I like the hair?  Do I like the jewelry? Etc. Melia and I pick apart every aspect of every outfit. It's not just awards shows we do this with either. We do the same thing with magazines even if the magazine is not actually a fashion magazine. People Magazine is a favorite of ours. Sometimes, we even do the same thing with shows that aren't even award shows. When watching Dancing With the Stars, for instance, in some ways we are tougher than the judges. We do not just judge which couple dances well. We decide whether we like the outfits, shoes, hair, and music too in addition to whether we like the dancing.

And, that's our view. Tune in again for another Talking Topic.

photo credits
photo credit 1: CJS*64 Lights Camera Action ! via photopin (license)
photo credit 2: Carbon Arc Cool movie -[ HSS ]- via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment