I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, January 5, 2015

Let's Talk About New Years 2015

 Me - New Years 2015, wow! This New Year's was decent. I liked Dick Clark's Rockin Eve. I liked that Megan Trainor and Taylor Swift and especially Idina Menzel all sang. My cousin and my Aunt and Uncle all came over. My cousin and I played Mario Kart. I beat him every time. He kept getting last, and I kept getting first or second. My Mom., Dad, brother sister, and I all slept in the living room around the fireplace. My Dad had trouble sleeping on the floor and went upstairs to sleep early in the morning. On New Year's Day, we went to my Aunt's house. I played with her dog. He is so cute.  He has this little jacket. It has a hood, and they put it on him.It was so cute. It was funny when the dog was licking my Dad, and the dog stuck his tongue right up my Dad's nose. Also, when we  were leaving, the dog got out and ran all the way up to the third floor of their apartment building. My cousin went to go up and get him. The dog ran right back down the stairs and right back into their apartment. It was so funny! On January 2, we watched the Tournament of Roses Parade which we had recorded. It is so amazing the things they can make out of nothing but flowers. I love New Year's.

Mom - New Year's Eve this year was not too bad. My stepson was visiting us. That turned out a lot better than we thought it would. Usually he and Melia fight a lot more but everyone actually got along really well for the most part. On New Year's Eve our best friends came over. We brought in Wendy's for dinner. They stayed until midnight. When they left, we slept around the fireplace. On New Year's Day we went to their house for dinner. It was a long ride. They live more than an hour away. They used to live closer but they moved a little over a year ago. They are hoping to move back closer again soon. We didn't get a chance to watch the Tournament of Roses parade until January 2. I love to see what they are able to do with flowers. The parade is always so colorful too. We recorded the parade on HGTV, and it didn't have any commercials. That was very different than the Thanksgiving Parade which we recorded on NBC and  which had a lot of commercials. They did plug a lot of HGTV shows and various products while they were covering the parade, however. I don't mind when they do that if there are no other commercials. I don't like when they plug all their shows and a bunch of other products while covering the parade if there are still regular commercials too. All in all, it wasn't a bad New Years. I just can't believe it got here so fast. It feels like 2014 went by in the blink of an eye. Every year seems to go faster than the last and before you know it  we will be reflecting on New Year's 2016, but I don't want to think about that now. Time goes fast enough on its own without me rushing it.
And that's our view. How was your New Year's? Tune in tomorrow for Tips for Tuesday.

photo credits
photo credits 1: frankieleon via photopin cc
photo credit 2: The All-Nite Images via photopin cc
photo credit 3: Roman Kratochvíl via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment