I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Friday, February 24, 2012

Blogging

Me - We've been blogging for over a year, wow! Boy, have we had some issues! A lot of the time we fight. In fact, sometimes I threaten to quit the blog. But I always love Mom. Almost every week, we stumble over topics. We each come up with a ton before we agree on one to write about. We have a binder full of potential topics but that doesn't usually help us. Sometimes, if I'm too busy with school work or not feeling well or something, my sister does a guest post. That's when you see the note saying that the above is a guest post by Aurella. It's hard to believe Mom and I have already been blogging for over a year. Even though sometimes it's hard, over all, it's worth it, and I enjoy spending the time with Mom.

Mom - Last month, on January 20, we past a milestone, but we've just been so busy we didn't even have time to acknowledge it. We have been blogging for a year now. January 20 was our first Blogoversary. I can't believe we have been blogging for over a year. It hasn't always been easy. Melia and I don't always agree on what to blog about or even when to blog at all. Sometimes, it's just hard to find the time around schoolwork, laundry, and various other commitments. However, over all, it's been fun. We both love writing and enjoy sharing our writing with each other and with our readers. I've visited a lot of other great blogs and virtually met a lot of nice people. I've participated in a lot of blog  hops and won a lot of nice things. Hopefully, next year, we'll be able have more giveaways on our own blog. I would really like to get into participating in some giveaway hops where we give something away too.There are so many great blogs out there all the time. I can't even keep up with them all. However, since we don't really make a profit from our blog, we don't want it to cost us a lot of money either so we have to be selective about what we can participate in. This year I would like to get back to participating in regular blog hops not just giveaway blog hops. I would also like to build up our following especially because I expect it will drop off some after the change goes through and non-blogger blogs are no longer allowed to follow using Google Friends Connect. I would also like to introduce some new things from time to time and change things up at bit.  We are never going to be a blog where you can find out where the good deals are or where you can find recipes or or a book blog or anything like that. There are plenty of blogs that do those things very well. We are not trying to be those things. We just want to be a fun blog to go to.  A blog where you can join our discussion of anything and everything and maybe sometimes even find something just a little bit different and fun.

And that's our view. Tune in Monday for another topic.