I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Monday, September 29, 2014

Monthly Mash-up for September 2014: D.I.Ys and Sports Movies

Me - My topic for this month is D.I.Y.s. D.I.Y.s are super fun ways to change from plain and boring to super fun and interesting and unique. You can just get totally creative with them. No matter how you do it, you can't be wrong. You'll never create exactly the same thing twice. They don't always turn out exactly how you planned, but they'll still end up looking really cute and super creative anyway. They don't have to be really extravagant either. You can always just do something simple and quick like draw a picture and glue it on to something. You can do a D.I.Y. for almost anything. They are just really cute creative ways to spice things up. Lately, I have been really into doing D.I.Y projects.  Some of my recent D.I.Y.s have been folders, a pencil case, a binder, a pencil bin. I have also done light switch plates. D.I.Ys are especially great during the back-to-school season. School supplies with designs can be pretty expensive. Instead of buying the expensive supplies that come with designs, you can buy the plain ones and just decorate them at home. That way, not only will you have saved money, but it will be super fun, and your finished product will be super creative and unique and no one will have the same design as you.  You can be proud of yourself too because you created it yourself.  I love D.I.Ys!

Mom- My topic for this month is sports movies. I love sports movies. I like them even better than I like sports. I mean, don't get me wrong I do like some sports in life too. For example, I like baseball, hockey, gymnastics and figure skating. I don't actually participate in any of these sports I just like to watch them. However, on the big screen I even like sports that I don't actually like at all in life like football or race car driving or even boxing. Boxing is a sport  that I particularly hate in real life. I mean a sport where the object is actually to beat each other up, there is something wrong with that. Yet, there have been boxing movies that I have really liked like Million Dollar Baby and The Champ. I do not like all sports movies, however. Of the ones that I do like, I am particularly fond of the inspirational based on a true story ones even though I do not even always like all of those. However, chances are if the trailer alone makes me want to cry, I am going to love the movie.