I started this blog with one daughter, kept it up with the other, to spend time together doing something we enjoyed.
However, things change and people evolve. My daughters are older, busier, and not as interested in writing.
From now on this blog will be mostly mom with occasional contributions from my daughters and maybe even my husband.
Nothing else will change. We'll still focus on sharing fun places to go, fun things to do, and more, and we would  still love to hear your views too

Friday, September 26, 2014

Funny Friday - Baseball Stories

In honor of Derek Jeter's amazing final game at Yankee Stadium, we present another baseball Funny Friday.
Me- 

When my sister was two, my Mom, my Dad, my sister and my brother went to a Minor League baseball game. They were seating behind the visiting bullpen. When the pitcher finished warming up, one of the players handed my sister the ball. After that, she thought the player that handed her the ball was her boyfriend.

Mom -

Back in the 80's, I was staying with my brother in New York City. When his roommate found out I was going to a baseball card show and some New York Mets players were going to be appearing there he asked me which players would be there. "David Cone, Mackey Sasser..." I replied. Both of them were active  players on the Mets at that time.

"Mackey Sasser?" said my brother's roommate. "Ask him about AJ's!" He explained to me that AJ's was this dance club where the players all hung out in St. Louis.

When I went to the card show and saw Mackey Sasser, I said "My brother and his friend went to school in St. Louis, and they told me to ask about this place where you hang  out there."

So he named some fancy restaurant or something which I forget the name of now.

"No." I said shaking my head. "I don't think that's it. DJ's or something." 

"AJ's?" he replied knowing it immediately.

"Oh." I said. "I don't know. I mean I have been to St. Louis, but I have never there."

"I saw you dancing there!" he replied.


We welcome you to share your funny stories with us. Tune in Monday for another Talking Topic.

Photo credit:photo credit: reillyandrew via photopin cc

No comments:

Post a Comment